What Lens to bring for taking F1

holyman

Feb 22, 2009
Hi All

is DA50-200mmWR & FA50F1.4 ok take F1 picture?

depends a lot on location. good thing is that the track is sufficently lit that even kit lens can work.

Search for "How to do panning" and you will know what lens photographer used then look for good location. Some of photographers gave feedback that any lense must have at least F2.8 to make F1 gate disappear.... I am still studying on them.

i think 50 f1.4 is too short... depending on where u are, a longer zoom or even a TC might help.

Unless you got a very nice spot, better just enjoy the show instead of trying to snap some photos.

If I were you, I'd take only one camera and a 50mm lens, and some cash for beers :)

The ushers banned me for going in with a 70-200mm lens during the 1st F1, I have to slot it into my backpack. Just a Reminder.

oh... fengwei, you got go before right?
it is bright enough to have f8 with 1/250? iso 800?

Thanks for all the replyed.

maybe i will just bring my FA50 & DA50-200mmWR. Yes Fengwei beer is a must!:bsmilie:

The ushers banned me for going in with a 70-200mm lens during the 1st F1, I have to slot it into my backpack. Just a Reminder.

really? i was thinking of bringing the 70-200 in.. i thought anything above 300 is not allowed instead? :think:

Hmm, Ben brought in an FA300/4.5 w/o any problem, I myself brought a DA*50135 and nobody asked. Maybe we look like nice guys so they didn't bother us :cool:

Thanks for all the replyed.

maybe i will just bring my FA50 & DA50-200mmWR. Yes Fengwei beer is a must!:bsmilie:

Good luck and enjoy the show :)

oh... fengwei, you got go before right?
it is bright enough to have f8 with 1/250? iso 800?

Yeah, was there last year for the final, but didn't get a good spot to shoot. All I could see was this:

K7FW5123_s.jpg

But I did manage to take a few shots when I raised the camera above head and pan w/o looking at it:

K7FW5129_s.jpg

K7FW5141_s.jpg

K7FW5131_s.jpg

really? i was thinking of bringing the 70-200 in.. i thought anything above 300 is not allowed instead? :think:

Huh really? I remember seeing alot of ppl bringing DSLR with extra big lens walking around.. :think:

Hi All

is DA50-200mmWR & FA50F1.4 ok take F1 picture?

Yup bring it along .. :D there was an old post while we were discussing about taking pictures during F1 in Singapore. You may have a look at there.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5967100#post5967100
It has the photos Fengwei took before which is shown here..

Best day to take pictures is Friday or Sat where the crowd is still that crowded. Actual day, sit down and enjoy the race man.

Hmm, Ben brought in an FA300/4.5 w/o any problem, I myself brought a DA*50135 and nobody asked. Maybe we look like nice guys so they didn't bother us :cool:

Because they saw it was a Pentax and thus incapable of taking pro-looking pics since everyone knows that Pentax is not known for sports photography. Kinda like how PnS are allowed into concerts and not DSLR. :bsmilie:

i will go on sat to try luck...
someone have free ticket and invite me to go...

holy man go which day?

Went today, was at padang area, don't like the fence. the grand stand not high enough. last year at pit entry grand stand is better. any one found any good spot to take at zone 4. hee.

Unless you got a very nice spot, better just enjoy the show instead of trying to snap some photos.

If I were you, I'd take only one camera and a 50mm lens, and some cash for beers :)

Exactly, i would relax myself to enjoy the show....

Photos taken with K-x and Sigma 18-200 lens. Day shots with ISO 100-400. Night shots with ISO 3200-6400. My Frens using canon and Nikon with normal zoom lens are all salivating when the see the photos. Haha...

Taken with the 50-135 on the first nite Practice race

30shvut.jpg

5ygozp.jpg

2d9bdoj.jpg

xdt8x0.jpg