What lens should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robryan

Apr 6, 2008
Hi, I need some advice which lens should i get to shot for wedding dinner, I'm using a D60. Tks:D

Hi! I'm using sb-600flash, now still thinking which lens to buy? anyway tks ur advice:D

Hi! I'm using sb-600flash, now still thinking which lens to buy? anyway tks ur advice:D

Since it's interior with little space to maneuver around, I suggest you go for a wide-angle lens. You can't go wrong with the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 on the DX, unless you find that too wide for your liking...

Hi, I'll check it out! btw i always used nikon lens, i'm not sure how's the results of using tokina lens?

Hi, I'm using D60 kit lens now. Just wonder which lens is good for wedding? Tks for all the respond:D

Nikkor AF-S 17-55mm F2.8 is a very good one..
Go find out what your current setup can't satisfy u and upgrade from there.
Else go for nikkor 17-55 and never look back.

Hi, I'm still thinking of getting nikon or tokina lens?. Tks for ur advice:D

Hi, I'm still thinking of getting nikon or tokina lens?. Tks for ur advice:D

Hi,which lens from nikon & tokina u are thinking of???
u must spec so we can give u advice ma.;)
for indoor banquet / funtion room 12-24 f4 tokina ( wide angle / Table shoot ).
If $ not a problem 17-55 f2.8 nikon best of the best for DX.( all rounded )
Still got many more from nikon / tamron / tokina..haha happy shopping.

If you are using a D60, then forget about tokina. The camera wont AF on the lens, unless you are ok with MF. Go for 17-55 if can. If not, sigma 18-50 f2.8 hsm is good too.

How about the Tamron 17-50 F2.8 with in-built motor?

How about the Tamron 17-50 F2.8 with in-built motor?

you'll find that the kit lens is capable of doing the job too, as long as you have a speedlight to provide light.

if you're just shooting at the wedding as a guest, and not as the PAID photographer, don't bother buying a lens just for that one wedding. if you really want to, just rent one.

anyway, the tamron 17-50 f2.8 is fine for weddings. any lens with focal range with a minimum of 18 and above will work. frankly for the group shots, you'll not be using f2.8 much, so there's the kit lens will work fine. the FLASH is what is really important. make sure you know how to use your flash, don't just point it at the subject and blast away.

you'll find that the kit lens is capable of doing the job too, as long as you have a speedlight to provide light.

if you're just shooting at the wedding as a guest, and not as the PAID photographer, don't bother buying a lens just for that one wedding. if you really want to, just rent one.

anyway, the tamron 17-50 f2.8 is fine for weddings. any lens with focal range with a minimum of 18 and above will work. frankly for the group shots, you'll not be using f2.8 much, so there's the kit lens will work fine. the FLASH is what is really important. make sure you know how to use your flash, don't just point it at the subject and blast away.

Agreed :thumbsup:

what you need is a good diffuser ;)

imho, the VR kit-lens is pretty good already :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.