What Lens Should i Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsirias

Mar 12, 2009
Singapore
Dear All,

I just bought a Canon EOS 1000D. I am now using the lens that comes with it in the box. However my friends keep telling me to invest a better lens. Honestly i do not know what lens to buy!

Anyone can advise me on this. I am just a new beginner in photography.

Thanks
Jsirias

Actually the kit lens is a good start. But thats my opinion.

Once you got some experience, u will know whether it is lacking in any aspects such as longer reach, bigger aperture etc ..

Ryan

Dear All,

I just bought a Canon EOS 1000D. I am now using the lens that comes with it in the box. However my friends keep telling me to invest a better lens. Honestly i do not know what lens to buy!

Anyone can advise me on this. I am just a new beginner in photography.

Thanks
Jsirias

since u are just a beginner, use ur lens in the box - they are gd for starters. until u know what type of lens u need then u can go and buy them. ur friends got better lens? borrow/rob/steal from them! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

since u are just a beginner, use ur lens in the box - they are gd for starters. until u know what type of lens u need then u can go and buy them. ur friends got better lens? borrow/rob/steal from them! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

wholeheartedly agree! :bsmilie:

seriously, if you don't know which one you need to upgrade then most likely that you don't need to upgrade yet.

Ask your friend, why the need for better lens?
Stick to the kit till you know what lens you need (prime, wide, zoom, long zoom, etc)

Thanks Guys!

At least for now i am sure that i no need to invest on lens. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

wholeheartedly agree! :bsmilie:

seriously, if you don't know which one you need to upgrade then most likely that you don't need to upgrade yet.

Well said!

like what others have said... stick to your kit lens and learn from there...

when you know what kind of shots you want and are limited by the equipment, then buy one... :)

Lol @ your friends. They tell you to invest in better lens but don't guide you in any respect towards which lens to get.

Like the others have said, stick to your kit lens untll you know what you need. Then you will know what lens to get next.

:think: your friends want you to buy a better lens so that they can borrow from you :think:

Stick to ur kit lens for now. You can always rent a lens if you need a longer telephoto etc. Or better yet ask ur fren to buy and u borrow from him free.

Status
Not open for further replies.