what lens should i buy? help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starships

Aug 30, 2008
okay i'm very new soo...
i what a lens that can do a slight zoom and its relatively wide angle
and i'm using d60 can it use all lenses or what?
and is it okay getting a second hand?

second hand is okay. third party is okay too.
slight zoom and relatively wide angle? UWA? Sigma 10-20.
alternatively, read here.

You'd have to be more specific. What exactly do you hope to shoot with the lens you intend to purchase?

take note D60 does not have built in focus drive motor so either the lens you buy has to have their own autofocus motor inside or go manual all the way.

its also a crop camera. an 18-105 is quite good for a budget walkaround lens imo. do research first.

well i want to do like more or less street photography.

Hi starships do you have an existing kit lens that you are using at the moment with your D60?

Ryan

ya i currently have that lens that came with the camera and another lens 55-200. but the thing is that i want to get something different like majorly wide angle or something, fish eye.

ya i currently have that lens that came with the camera and another lens 55-200. but the thing is that i want to get something different like majorly wide angle or something, fish eye.
you need a Full body camera to make best use of wide angle lens.

dude. He's using a D60 and you aspect him to buy a D700/D3 that'll cost a few thousand? :sweat:

There are many DX-format lenses (i.e-the Sigma 10-20mm) that work fine on DSLRs that aren't full-bodies :think:

dude. He's using a D60 and you aspect him to buy a D700/D3 that'll cost a few thousand? :sweat:

There are many DX-format lenses (i.e-the Sigma 10-20mm) that work fine on DSLRs that aren't full-bodies :think:

how much would that sigma lens cost? what about this nikon lens?AF Zoom-NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF-ED

how much would that sigma lens cost? what about this nikon lens?AF Zoom-NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF-ED

Doesn the kit lens that came with your body already cover the 18-35mm range ?

I thought you asked for something wider. There are several DX wide angle zooms. The Nikon 12-24mm is one example, and is pretty good and lightweight. And it autofocuses with the D60

Ryan

Doesn the kit lens that came with your body already cover the 18-35mm range ?

I thought you asked for something wider. There are several DX wide angle zooms. The Nikon 12-24mm is one example, and is pretty good and lightweight. And it autofocuses with the D60

Ryan

but that lens isnt wide angle soo ya how much is 12-24mm

Status
Not open for further replies.