What lens should i bring for my Japan trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuencp39

May 9, 2007
Will be on a free & easy trip to Japan end of this March with my girlfriend. Main purpose is go for the sakura season :D. I'll bring along my D80. I got 3 lens now, the D80 kit lens 18-135, 50-1.8 and 70-300,and a sigma flash. Which of them should I bring? I'm more prefer light equip cause we will be travel to a lot of places...any suggestion? Hope u all understand what i'm talking about..paiseh...poor english here :(

P/S: Haha...maybe some kindness person can lend me the 18-200 VR? ;p

Well you got only 3 lenses and you want to travel light. The answer should be easy.....take the 18-135mm which would cover wide-angle to long telephoto. And the 50mm might prove use for low-light photography as well as being small and light.

You can leave the 70-300mm at home unless you think you are going to take subjects which are far away....the 300mm focal length would be about 450mm on your camera. Are you planning to take pictures of wildlife?

My advice is to bring a small waist pack where you can store one lens while walking around. Although the 18-135 would be a good walkaround lens, the 50/1.8 would be very very useful at night. Don't forget that!

Will be on a free & easy trip to Japan end of this March with my girlfriend. Main purpose is go for the sakura season :D. I'll bring along my D80. I got 3 lens now, the D80 kit lens 18-135, 50-1.8 and 70-300,and a sigma flash. Which of them should I bring? I'm more prefer light equip cause we will be travel to a lot of places...any suggestion? Hope u all understand what i'm talking about..paiseh...poor english here :(

18-135 and 50mm ONLY.

Vote for 18-135mm and 50mm.
18-135 is definitely the one that you should bring.
You will need that to cover landscape and snapshot.
50mm is useful for low light photo, and it is light anyway, you can't feel the difference. ;)

Thanks everyone...how about the flash?

Thanks everyone...how about the flash?

I brought it, never used it. Not even at night, unless you're taking family photos. Even so, I'd end up using on-body flash.

Would agree with the rest of them. 18-135mm and 50mm. Do consider getting a 18-200mm VR, its a handy lens to have at all times (in singapore and abroad). I'm travelling in the US now with my 18-200 and its serving me well as I was trying to travel light in the winter.

i hope to get a 18-200mm VR too, but $M not enough...so sad...sigh...most of the money go for this travel trip already..haha

I would say these two..
18-135, 50-1.8

If you need super zoom, just crop lors =x

BTW nowadays the sakura season is not fixed le.. Global warming. You might not even get to see flowers (touchwood)

Status
Not open for further replies.