what lens is used for these 2 pix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhang3feng

Dec 27, 2005
SG
www.zhang3feng.com
hi guys,

do anyone know what lens was used to shoot the pics below???
for what i know normal wide angle is unable to output such bokeh and capture a full body portrait at the same time... my guess is a 35mm f/2 prime lens, but is there any other lenes which can do such good bokeh for full body portraits???

bokeh01.jpg

bokeh02.jpg

thanks for helping~ :thumbsup: :)

Castlesinthesky said:
You could use a 85 or even 135mm and achieve that. It looks more like a mid tele rather than a wide angle.

if use a 85 or 135mm lens, that means u have to stand really far just to shoot a full body pic?

zhang3feng said:
hi guys,

do anyone know what lens was used to shoot the pics below???
for what i know normal wide angle is unable to output such bokeh and capture a full body portrait at the same time... my guess is a 35mm f/2 prime lens, but is there any other lenes which can do such good bokeh for full body portraits???

thanks for helping~ :thumbsup: :)
First pic (bicycle) looks like it's shot with a medium tele ~85mm on full 35mm frame. The second pic looks like something longer than 135mm on full 35mm frame. The colour rendition suggests that they are probably not shot with Nikon lenses, but I may be wrong...

yumyum said:
or use nikon viewer to see the settings???
It's probably resized with another imaging software before posting here. There are no EXIF info in the images.

HeWolf said:
If you stand far enough, super tele also can take full body shots.

checkout http://www.dpnet.com.cn/ for portrait shot with 300mm F2.8
What full body? :)

This is shot with a 300mm lens on a DX body.
dog001f.jpg

lsisaxon said:
First pic (bicycle) looks like it's shot with a medium tele ~85mm on full 35mm frame. The second pic looks like something longer than 135mm on full 35mm frame. The colour rendition suggests that they are probably not shot with Nikon lenses, but I may be wrong...

thanks guys, it doesn't matter which brand the lenses are.. but i'm more interested in the zoom distance & f/stop used to obtain such bokeh.

coz it's really hard to shoot a full body with such blur background... :think:

maybe can go borrow from my friends and try out 85mm 1st.:bsmilie:

blive said:
where did you get the photos from? Why not check with the owner/photographer?

i also dunno who's the owner is, coz i going thru a china web of portrait & poses...

i wonder does a 35mm prime lens can create such a bokeh too? :dunno:

zhang3feng said:
thanks guys, it doesn't matter which brand the lenses are.. but i'm more interested in the zoom distance & f/stop used to obtain such bokeh.

coz it's really hard to shoot a full body with such blur background... :think:

maybe can go borrow from my friends and try out 85mm 1st.:bsmilie:
AF-Nikkor DC 105/2, 135/2. :thumbsup: You would still be able to get a blur background even if you use f/5.6. :) Plus they are the only 2 Nikon AF lenses with the distinctive chrome rings only available on MF lenses!!

lsisaxon said:
AF-Nikkor DC 105/2, 135/2. :thumbsup: You would still be able to get a blur background even if you use f/5.6. :) Plus they are the only 2 Nikon AF lenses with the distinctive chrome rings only available on MF lenses!!

i was wondering can a marco lens range between 85-105mm does the same effects too?

zhang3feng said:
i was wondering can a marco lens range between 85-105mm does the same effects too?
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the design of the spherical aberration correction group. I think this kind of shots require a wider aperture than anything else. I think you may be able to achieve this kind of effect on digital using 50/1.4. Since you have a 50/1.8, why not give it a try to see how it turns out at f/1.8? Do post some pics here if you've tried. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.