What lens(es) do you plan to buy next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
This is not a fantasy wish-list for Canon SLR users, i.e. I want ALL the EF lenses and such...what's next on your shopping list, when you intend to go in for the kill and why?

Feel free to share; you'll never know that some of us may have lobang for you! ;)

Yes, 'motivated' by a thread in the Minolta equipment sub-forum ;)

Originally posted by Bluestrike
Well... I think the next on the list will be the DSLR.................
Hehe, hope you soon become a happy d60 owner;)

I am considering:
1. Canon 70-200/f2.8 or f4, either new or used;
2. Canon 100mm macro (Sigma too slow so look back on Canon);
3. Canon 16-35L if I really have money to burn;p

After comapring shots taken with 70-200F4 with that 70-200F2.8 at 200mm F2.8 I am fully convince that the 1 stop really make a difference on blurring the background and shift emphasize on the subject. I still like very much the portability of 70-200F4 but I am drolling for the 70-200F2.8 (preferably IS if I can afford it) now.

Jason

Originally posted by JasonTan
After comapring shots taken with 70-200F4 with that 70-200F2.8 at 200mm F2.8 I am fully convince that the 1 stop really make a difference on blurring the background and shift emphasize on the subject. I still like very much the portability of 70-200F4 but I am drolling for the 70-200F2.8 (preferably IS if I can afford it) now.

Jason

there's a unit (condition is like new if i am not mistaken) lying at PrimeCamera now for about $1780............
who wanna grab it? :)

Originally posted by Red Dawn

there's a unit (condition is like new if i am not mistaken) lying at PrimeCamera now for about $1780............
who wanna grab it? :)

Thanks, Red dawn, for the tip off.

At present I haven't decided if to go all the way for the IS version. Need to save up first.

Jason

Originally posted by Red Dawn

just curious, wat lens do u have now, Klause?

Using..... no lense. All my lense borrowed.. muahaha.. I'm still a student, saving up for the 28-105mm USM.

Originally posted by Klause

Using..... no lense. All my lense borrowed.. muahaha.. I'm still a student, saving up for the 28-105mm USM.

I find that your pics are very sharp, what lens were used eg the Airport pix.?:bwhat: :thumbsup:
Is your camera having fixed lens?

Wahhh...How I envy all of u. Juz curious and wanna do a little survey....

Are any of u semi -pros or do freelance work? Although I'm already working, I wouldn't dream anything as big as the 70-200 mm IS even though it's tops. Mainly it's the big $$$. I would only associate pple who own these kind of lenses to be either pros or at least semi-pros or are darn rich. Maybe responses to my question above can dispel the myth I've held so far?

It's interesting cos I once visited Malaysia and NZ and when some of the locals there saw 1 s'porean guy in the tour group using a big white L lens, think it was 100-400L, they thot he was a pro photographer. When told nope, he's just a normal civil servent in s'pore, you should see the locals' expressions. They were like: "Singaporeans are so damn rich!" If you own a mid-range EOS camera, you'd already be quite prominent in laid-back countries, let along a D30 or higher end bodies. I suppose it's a different lifestyle. No matter how high the COEs, you still see lots of brand new Mercs and BMWs on the roads. Amazing.

Or are any of u so passionate abt photography that spending this amount of money is justified above other else? Is photography yor main hobby/interest?

Comparing photography to other hobby likes golf (club membership, green fees), pubbing, clubbing, auto mobile..an investment of 3k on an L lens is a long time investment. 3k is like 3~4 months depreciation cost of owning a 2L car.

Of course if compare to other hobbies like reading and kite flying ....photography is a luxury.

IMHO

Jason

Originally posted by Jethro

I find that your pics are very sharp, what lens were used eg the Airport pix.?:bwhat: :thumbsup:
Is your camera having fixed lens?

Those are taken from my digital camera , Olympus C700uz. :p

70-200/2.8L IS. Im borrowing one from a rich buddy. Its the IDEAL lens for event photog. I can do what I couldnt with my shaky hands and my old Nikkor AFD80-200/2.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.