What lens best for my Canon 500D?

BangMontel

Oct 15, 2010
Yishun
Hi guys, Im new to photography. juz recently bought the canon 500d. but i mistakenly bought the long distance lens.

I intend to buy a lens for short distance. for family photoshoots, close objects.

Anyone can help me on this... any lens suitable for my needs that you think i shoot go for? any for sellers, please share with me your views and recommendations.

and can someone explaint to me on how u read n understand the lens model... i get confius easily...

and whats focal length?

Hi guys, Im new to photography. juz recently bought the canon 500d. but i mistakenly bought the long distance lens.

I intend to buy a lens for short distance. for family photoshoots, close objects.

Anyone can help me on this... any lens suitable for my needs that you think i shoot go for? any for sellers, please share with me your views and recommendations.

and can someone explaint to me on how u read n understand the lens model... i get confius easily...

and whats focal length?

For starts, what is your budget?

and whats focal length?

Which lens is the long distance lens?

I would suggest you just get the 18-55 standard kit lens. In the marketplace section it's going for between 40-120.

i dunno wat the full term of it but the lens that im currently having is 75-300mm

can tag me to any of the selected seller selling the lens that u were saying?

There's a buy and sell forum and a search function. You can do that yourself.

I second the recommendation for an 18-55.

hey guys,

just to check... are all diff lens from canon can mount to my canon 500d? meaning to say example can i mount 30d camera lens to my 500d?

are all canon lens interchangeable?

hey guys,

just to check... are all diff lens from canon can mount to my canon 500d? meaning to say example can i mount 30d camera lens to my 500d?

are all canon lens interchangeable?

The lenses are not designed for a specific camera, but rather for a mount. That's the whole basis of DSLR photography.

Have you even read your manual? There is a section on lens selection and what lenses can be used on your camera body.

After you got already one wrong lens why don't you spend some time and brain efforts before spending the next money? You will only benefit in the long run if you understand what you are doing. Or do you intend to engage a "photographic nanny" each time you want to buy something? :bsmilie:
The kit lens is the EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS. There is an older version in the market that comes without the "IS" - which stands for Image Stabilization. Better go for the IS version. As you can see, the lens name starts with "EF" - that's the name of the Canon mount system. Every lens with EF can be mounted on your camera, be it EF or EF-S. Check the Buy & Sell forum, read up about what you don't understand. Keep in mind that not all sellers are the honest neighbourhood chaps you might know from your childhood. (We see every now and then some postings about 2nd hand equipment sales that went sour...)

Hey Octarine,

thanks for the tips and advice... just got myself the 18-55mm lens tis afternoon. one guy sold to me for 50 dollars. gd price n still good condition lens...

Thanks alot for the advices guys... appreciate it alot...

Hey Octarine,

thanks for the tips and advice... just got myself the 18-55mm lens tis afternoon. one guy sold to me for 50 dollars. gd price n still good condition lens...

Thanks alot for the advices guys... appreciate it alot...

Happy shooting :)

and whats focal length?

One very good thing todo is to get some of the basic terms correct so that you start off correctly by communicating with others on the same wavelength .... it will help you pick up info and knowledge much faster

good luck and welcome to CS ! :)

Happy shooting and join outings ...it would help you a lot!