What laptop to buy best for photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrum88

Nov 3, 2008
Hi,
Need advice.

Am thinking of getting myself a laptop this coming IT show..

Was wondering is there any laptop out there capable of the following

1) Running Photoshop ( windows based ) with great ease
2) Has a wacom touch screen
3) Long battery life
4) Does not overheat.
5) Swiveling screen.

thanks in advance for any help.

I think having a wacom-level screen is something you'll need to keep dreaming about. Touchscreen is easily possible with HP and Toshiba, but a Wacom? Nope.

Other than that, your specs are a bit contradictory. You'll want a big screen with a good color gamut, good performance and you also want long battery life AND does not overheat? Dream on, I'd say... You'll need to reduce your battery life expectancy if you want a big screen and good performance.

My suggestion is to get a macbook pro for your photoshop work with a separate wacom tablet. Or a Sony FW.

Yah... maybe what Rashkae suggested would be a better choice, TS.
I was about to say MacBook Pro but I saw your requirement that you needed Windows OS.
In my opinion, seriously, if it has to be long battery life and does no overheat, maybe a swivelling screen can't be part of it. But a sturdy one - sure, get Lenovo (ex IBM) Thinkpad higher end series. Or even a MacBook Pro, if you don't mind Mac OS. Then get a Wacom Bamboo Fun externally.

long battery life...how a bout just connect it to an external...no need batt at all...

Eh... I was trying to search for the built-in Wacom tablet on the W500 as well as the W700 on your link. But can't seem to find it... Let me try again.

look at the red dot on the tablet...

All I can say is that Lenovo and Fujitsu laptops don't come cheap.

If you're looking for a laptop for everyday use for work and other personal things, get a Lenovo or Fujitsu.
It's more durable.

If you're want a slightly cheaper and not for so much usage, just Photoshop, get a HP or Compaq laptop.
Photoshop works well for me on my Compaq laptop. ;)

Hi all,
thanks..

W700 looks real cool..... but the price even more cool....
even if buy on installment basis, its still quite a large sum per month.....

really spoilt for choice...

meanwhile, HP or compaq....which are the good ones for photoshop?

cheers

Hi all,
thanks..

W700 looks real cool..... but the price even more cool....
even if buy on installment basis, its still quite a large sum per month.....

really spoilt for choice...

meanwhile, HP or compaq....which are the good ones for photoshop?

cheers

Just get one with a big screen and a good, dual-core CPU. Upgrade your RAM.

The Sony FW series is good too. high-res screen and you can get a model with a blu-ray writer for backup.

Just get one with a big screen and a good, dual-core CPU. Upgrade your RAM.

The Sony FW series is good too. high-res screen and you can get a model with a blu-ray writer for backup.

What is the minimum RAM that good to go?

If i'm really into graphics editing, i will just get a macbook pro. If it's windows based, any laptop with at least a core 2 duo 2+GHz processor, 512MB dedicated graphic card, 4GB RAM on a 64bit vista system.

Hahahaha , wow windows based!!!! just wanna tell you that i was thinking that way before but since i changed to Mac pro 2.8 Ghz 17 inches, i never look back to those windows again...

Hahahaha , wow windows based!!!! just wanna tell you that i was thinking that way before but since i changed to Mac pro 2.8 Ghz 17 inches, i never look back to those windows again...

Don't ever say that. :nono: Some people are very comfortable and used to the windows platform. No doubt the mac excels in graphics and UI, the rest sucked. Windows still have the upper hand in terms of office apps and games.

...No doubt the mac excels in graphics and UI, the rest sucked. Windows still have the upper hand in terms of office apps and games.

What is "the rest"?

You can always install the latest Microsoft Office for Mac OS X, and let us not digress to games, since this is about a working machine anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.