what kind of pics use what kind of settings..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

icube

May 22, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Visit site
sorry i am a newbie... but i am willing to learn more bout photography... and need u experts out there to teach me about this new interest that i just picked up... :D

i always use auto when taking photographs... but i would like to learn bout the different setting and what kind of setting to use best for the different kinds of shots in the manual mode....

can anione tell me wat kind of settings to use best in these kind of shots..??

- night scenes
- taking pics of fast moving object
- sunset and sunrise shots
- and other shots that you want to tell me... :D

btw... i using Canon IXUS 330...

;)

heh heh no lah now public holidays all go out snap snap liao mah

Unlike me, even have to work :(

Must be more courteus mah.. haha. Pple will help lah
Why not go clubsnap IRC channel for a chat with some old birds?

i apologise for using a harsh tone... cos i tot nobody understand wat i was asking.... no hard feelings here...

aniwei... can u all tell me wat settings to use for a night shot... can't seems to get it right leh...

peace everyone...:D

Originally posted by icube
i apologise for using a harsh tone... cos i tot nobody understand wat i was asking.... no hard feelings here...

aniwei... can u all tell me wat settings to use for a night shot... can't seems to get it right leh...

peace everyone...:D

Try to use a higher aperture as possible eg. F2.8 or F1.8 if possible. And you will require to open up ur shutter speed.

sorry i am a newbie... but i am willing to learn more bout photography... and need u experts out there to teach me about this new interest that i just picked up... :D

i always use auto when taking photographs... but i would like to learn bout the different setting and what kind of setting to use best for the different kinds of shots in the manual mode....

can anione tell me wat kind of settings to use best in these kind of shots..??

- night scenes
- taking pics of fast moving object
- sunset and sunrise shots
- and other shots that you want to tell me... :D

btw... i using Canon IXUS 330...

;)

Err from what I know, there isn't much setting you can play around with IXUS, it seem like a point and shoot camera to me.
As you can't change the aperture or shutter speed, to take fast moving object you just might need to move at the same speed with the object ;)
for night scenes, Sun rise/set, maybe switching it to landscape mode (the logo with mountain).
Not sure if this help :dunno:

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

Err from what I know, there isn't much setting you can play around with IXUS, it seem like a point and shoot camera to me.
As you can't change the aperture or shutter speed, to take fast moving object you just might need to move at the same speed with the object ;)
for night scenes, Sun rise/set, maybe switching it to landscape mode (the logo with mountain).
Not sure if this help :dunno:

yup, just use the landscape mode for night scenes. you will need a tripod for that too, unless u place the camera on a steady object. Use the self-timer to trigger off the shutter so that u will not move the camera.

i dun think mine can set aperture... as for shutter speed... dun think can set also.... i only noe can set ISO, white balance, exposure....:rolleyes:

haha, you obviously didnt rtfm... :devil: no offence.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: the ixus 330 CAN set long shuttle speed, up to 15seconds... you must enable the night scene mode within the menu while in manual shooting mode... then press the WB button to bring out the 1st menu... use your up/down scroll to set the exposure time ... good luck... ;)

btw, wat situation would demand the use of the landscape mode? from what i know, it's used to shoot farway objects... but how far away should the object be before the landscape mode needs to be used?

Originally posted by butters

haha, you obviously didnt rtfm... :devil: no offence.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: the ixus 330 CAN set long shuttle speed, up to 15seconds... you must enable the night scene mode within the menu while in manual shooting mode... then press the WB button to bring out the 1st menu... use your up/down scroll to set the exposure time ... good luck... ;)

wow thanks.. read thru the manual... actually found it already... but aniwei thanks... guess i was a little too impatient about my new camera...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.