what kind of lens do you all use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekiang

Jan 15, 2007
hi,

just want to know what kind of lens do you all use? do you all change lens often? what is the safest way to change without lens getting dust?

so that i can take into consideration what to buy later.

thanks

chee kiang

one body one lens...

hrm...can specify what kind of lens do you use?

like kit lens 18mm-55mm...hoho

sorry har...just curious what kind do you al use to shoot your picture....

chee kiang

your question is super general...impossible to ans...

people can use 10mm to 300mm to shoot portrait...

people also use WA lens to shoot food...

its really depend on what u want to achieve...

there is no 1 lens solution for everything.. unless you are willing to pay a large sum of $ on it..
here is a small breakdown (but not all kinds) of lens that you can buy

for the demanding user..
canon f2.8 trinity
16-35L
24-70L
70-200L

for the average (and willing to pay) user
canon f4 trinity
17-40L
24-105L
70-200L

for the average (and tight budget) user
18-55 (kit)
28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS
75-300 f4-5.6 (or the sigma 70-300 f4-5.6)

One person recommends what he calls it a 'lazy-man's' lens: Canon EF 28-135mm IS

Jack of (almost) all trade, master of none. But good enough for amateur.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

hi,

just want to know what kind of lens do you all use? do you all change lens often? what is the safest way to change without lens getting dust?

so that i can take into consideration what to buy later.

thanks

chee kiang

I use several Nikkor lenses for my shoots on 2 bodies. The 17-35 & 70-200 on most of the time. I change lenses when the situation calls for it.

The safest way to change lenses without getting dust?
Ans : Dun change lenses unless you're in a class 1 or class 10 cleanroom! :bsmilie:
Just kidding! ;) Change lenses indoors, where it's not dusty, switch off the camera, change fast and point the camera body downwards. With practice, planning and execution, this can be done in less than 5 seconds.

"what kind of lens do you all use?"

Generally, those made of glass.

When I'm young, one roll of frame I can change up to 5 lenses to finish. On assignments, usually 1-3 with 2 at 75% of the time. When travelling F&E, will bring all lenses along but usually just use 1-3 lenses with 1 60% of the time. When travelling in tour group, mostly one. Occasion, casual outings, anniversary all with 1 lens.

I think u should not worry too much of the dust issue because if it becomes a worry, u may want to protect your camera over shooting more photos. Photography is really REALLY about getting a photo u like more than keeping all your gear nicely intact. A camera or lens that looks like having a "face mask" (i.e cosmetically smooth and without scars) done every night won't have a lot of photo albums at home for viewing.

Yap, digital is dust-prone, but who knows u may upgrade yours in a years time. Especially at this rate camera company is turning out new models.;)

The whole issue about dust is way overrated and if you are so worried to the point of considering what lenses to use to avoid changing, then I think you shouldn't be getting a DSLR in the first place. I change lenses all the time and haven't sent in any of my cameras for cleaning for the past 3 years. If there are visible dust specks on my images, I just clone it away.

hmm...not really lah, SLR does have a whole list of functions that offers more control over a compact even though some compact camera can do a better job than a SLR in the hands of a creative one.:cool:

You want bao ka liao lens?

Change to Nikon and get the 18-200 VR.

for the average (and willing to pay) user
canon f4 trinity
17-40L
24-105L
70-200L

Meaning that i still have 1 more 24-105 to go to complete the f/4L trinity series. But then, both the 17-40 and 70-200 covers the focal length of the 24-105 (except 50mm), unless u're referring to the convenience of a walkaround lens?

wow thanks for all the you kind input...yap if got bo kia liao lens one i will buy haha...but it will be ex right???

okie i got the kit lens 18mm-55mm and 55mm-200mm...okie might not be the best combination but then it should be good for beginners like me ba?

anyway hmm yap cos just bought the camera...really hope can 'protect' it from anything...so dust wise i will try to prevent it...okie sure i will take pictures as priority so will change the lens if/oni necessarily...

eh got one of you say change lens all the time and never go clean it? so u do it outdoor??

anyway to clone it meaning using software?? hmm but i don't have a good software leh...heard a few like adobe photoshop, CS2 and element(something like that)...so any one of them got this cloning thingy? i just want to buy a cheap software which can do basic stuff cos i am already over budget le....anyone can tell me how to get a cheap one???

chee kiang

I don't know if there's the cloning tool but I've heard of one software or rather freeware by the name of GIMP. Check it out.

anyway to clone it meaning using software?? hmm but i don't have a good software leh...heard a few like adobe photoshop, CS2 and element(something like that)...so any one of them got this cloning thingy? i just want to buy a cheap software which can do basic stuff cos i am already over budget le....anyone can tell me how to get a cheap one???

chee kiang

I don't know if there's the cloning tool but I've heard of one software or rather freeware by the name of GIMP. Check it out.

hi thanks i will go check it out...i scare using freeware or shareware...sometimes will give you a grid on the picture when u save it after finish using the software...so force u to buy it or what...

hoho...k no free lunch on this earth wor...

thanks...

chee kiang

Status
Not open for further replies.