What kind of hood, filters for K-x kit lens?

Usually would be based on thread filter size hmm u can check out mass orders as quite a few do sell lens hoods

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/52mm-Flower-Petal-Lens-Hood-Canon-Nikon-Sony-Pentax-etc-/200383573862

i was looking at this cheap flower lens hood which says its for pentax.
it says 'This will fit any lense that accepts a threaded attachment (most lenses have this)'

is the K-x kit lens a threaded attachment? otherwise what kind is it?

Lens is threaded to fit a filter so a threaded lens hood should fit

im using exactly the one in the link. works flawless with my kit 18-55mm. no worries.

wow nice hood..thanks for the link...will order one..ahaha
most of the screw on hood I found is not flower petal type, can only find the round type.

Wow, that price is cheap.
I paid $15 for the 52mm & $20 for a 49mm one. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/52mm-Flower-Petal-Lens-Hood-Canon-Nikon-Sony-Pentax-etc-/200383573862

i was looking at this cheap flower lens hood which says its for pentax.
it says 'This will fit any lense that accepts a threaded attachment (most lenses have this)'

is the K-x kit lens a threaded attachment? otherwise what kind is it?
actually i recommend instead those rubber lens hood instead. easy to keep as well as dont take up much space.

im using exactly the one in the link. works flawless with my kit 18-55mm. no worries.

does the hood block a very small portion @ top left when using at 18mm? i was at cathay trying out a 3rd party flower hood n has this dark shadow at the top left of the photo when using at 18mm.

does the hood block a very small portion @ top left when using at 18mm? i was at cathay trying out a 3rd party flower hood n has this dark shadow at the top left of the photo when using at 18mm.

U got to make sure u tighten the hood properly at the correct position . If not u will see the shadow thing :0

actually i recommend instead those rubber lens hood instead. easy to keep as well as dont take up much space.
is there a rubber petal hood for 52mm kit lens? so far ive only seen those circular rubber hood for 52mm.. share if you know the place to buy one! :D

aiya....should hv seen this earlier....i just ordered a screw on hood from ebay.....haiz....

Can use lah . just a bit more troublesome nia .

The bayonet one cost so much more for a piece of plastic. but its easier to attach/remove though. i bought e $5 screw type.

Yup, its like 2.5 times more costly. However, in dollar terms, $13 works out to something like 3 plates of chicken rice so ...... for some, it may be worth the sacrifice still. YMMV. ;)

wow nice hood..thanks for the link...will order one..ahaha
most of the screw on hood I found is not flower petal type, can only find the round type.

But i thought those round type are better than the petal shaped one? but the best are the rectangular ones like those on professional video cams!

Usually would be based on thread filter size hmm u can check out mass orders as quite a few do sell lens hoods

Sorry for being ignorance, what is the flower hood used for?

But i thought those round type are better than the petal shaped one? but the best are the rectangular ones like those on professional video cams!

Petal type are better especially for wide angles as they can make the hood deeper wthout causing vignetting. For teles it doesn't matter very much as the round hoods can already be made very deep without any issues.