What kind of effects does smoke have on filter coatings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjonhan

Oct 18, 2006
After shooting fireworks pics for the past two days, i realized that there are small round "markings" on my kenko filter(those coated ones). it is as if the coating has peeled off or something, using lens cleaning solution cant seem to get them off.

Does anyone know how this could have happened..? Thanks

After shooting fireworks pics for the past two days, i realized that there are small round "markings" on my kenko filter(those coated ones). it is as if the coating has peeled off or something, using lens cleaning solution cant seem to get them off.

Does anyone know how this could have happened..? Thanks

Effects on smoke on filters may only leave residue on the filter, just clean it off with lens tissue or microfiber cloth.

Coating peeled off? Did u scrub on it or something? Maybe it's time for u to upgrade to B+W, then all your cleaning difficulties solved.

i cant seem to wipe it off that's the problem. The spots appeared after shooting, and when i tried to wipe i cant get it off.(used some lens cleaning solution btw..)

Time to change your filter to B+W!

i cant seem to wipe it off that's the problem. The spots appeared after shooting, and when i tried to wipe i cant get it off.(used some lens cleaning solution btw..)

Perhaps it's due to the smoke plus the moisture in the air.

tink you post a pic or 2... hard to tell when you jus describe like that.

tink you post a pic or 2... hard to tell when you jus describe like that.

i was thinking mabbe u can apply some steam on it..off a boiling kettle mabbe, it should help to loosen the dirt on the filter..

That being said, i have no idea about the effect of steam on filters :bsmilie:

i was thinking mabbe u can apply some steam on it..off a boiling kettle mabbe, it should help to loosen the dirt on the filter..

That being said, i have no idea about the effect of steam on filters :bsmilie:

Ha... that'll be interesting. Try leh and let us know how ;)

Ha... that'll be interesting. Try leh and let us know how ;)

but i think logically it makes sense, i have this steam cleaner @ home..comes with a scrub...u basically aim it @ like kitchen tiles or wat...steam it, then the oil comes loose..just wipe off..

Status
Not open for further replies.