What kind of battery for MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N)


Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steven

Guest
#1
I am new in this.

Two month ago, I have buy the MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N).

Can i use PowerEX battery? GP ? Can i use any brand of NiMH Battery ?

How is this charger different from Maha Charger Kit MHC204F & MHC401FS or the rest of the intelligent charger?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Steven
 

nuts

Senior Member
Jan 21, 2002
2,051
0
36
48
www.roving-light.com
#2
You can use any brand of NiMh battery, and possibly any capacity too since its not "timer-based".

..NuTs..

Originally posted by steven
I am new in this.

Two month ago, I have buy the MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N).

Can i use PowerEX battery? GP ? Can i use any brand of NiMH Battery ?

How is this charger different from Maha Charger Kit MHC204F & MHC401FS or the rest of the intelligent charger?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Steven
 

#3
Is this the $18 charger from Mustafa? It's a pretty old model, slow, charges only 2 cells at one time, bulky and no worldwide voltage. The 2 Maha chargers are the latest models from Maha and have been reviewed by many sources and considered as the best chargers money can buy.

MHC204F ($65)
- 3-hour Intelligent Charger for 2 or 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
- Conditioner to fully discharge batteries to reduce memory effect
- Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
- 230V AC Adaptor (Singapore)
- 12V DC Car Adaptor
Reviews:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C204/C204A.HTM
http://www.steves-digicams.com/maha_c204f.html

MHC401FS ($79)
- 100-min Cool Charger for 1 to 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
- Unique FLEX negative pulse charging eliminates memory effect
- Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
- Universal Adaptor
- 12V DC Car Adaptor
Reviews:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C401FS/C401A.HTM

To order, sms to 96226876 with name and order.
Or email maha@eastgear.com
 

Acieed

New Member
Sep 11, 2002
372
0
0
-
www.anduin.net
#4
Originally posted by steven
I am new in this.
Two month ago, I have buy the MW Intelligent Charger (MW4798N).
Steven
Do you mind sharing with us where you got it from? I went Mustafa 2 months ago and didn't find it :(
 

S

steven

Guest
#5
Originally posted by EastGear
Is this the $18 charger from Mustafa? It's a pretty old model, slow, charges only 2 cells at one time, bulky and no worldwide voltage. The 2 Maha chargers are the latest models from Maha and have been reviewed by many sources and considered as the best chargers money can buy.

MHC204F ($65)
- 3-hour Intelligent Charger for 2 or 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
- Conditioner to fully discharge batteries to reduce memory effect
- Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
- 230V AC Adaptor (Singapore)
- 12V DC Car Adaptor
Reviews:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C204/C204A.HTM
http://www.steves-digicams.com/maha_c204f.html

MHC401FS ($79)
- 100-min Cool Charger for 1 to 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
- Unique FLEX negative pulse charging eliminates memory effect
- Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
- Universal Adaptor
- 12V DC Car Adaptor
Reviews:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/C401FS/C401A.HTM

To order, sms to 96226876 with name and order.
Or email maha@eastgear.com
This is the MW4798N, which can charge 4 AA/AAA in 2 1/2 hrs.

this is not MW4798. i have order it from the website.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#6
Originally posted by EastGear
Is this the $18 charger from Mustafa? It's a pretty old model, slow, charges only 2 cells at one time, bulky and no worldwide voltage. The 2 Maha chargers are the latest models from Maha and have been reviewed by many sources and considered as the best chargers money can buy.

MHC204F ($65)
- 3-hour Intelligent Charger for 2 or 4 AA/AAA NiMH/NiCD batteries
- Conditioner to fully discharge batteries to reduce memory effect
- Includes 4 PowerEX AA 1800mAh 1.2V NiMH Batteries with case
- 230V AC Adaptor (Singapore)
- 12V DC Car Adaptor
Specs wise, the 4798N is better than this charger.... probably cost quite a bit less too. It also comes with conditioner and the proper adaptors.
 

#7
Originally posted by mpenza


Specs wise, the 4798N is better than this charger.... probably cost quite a bit less too. It also comes with conditioner and the proper adaptors.
yah...definitely cheaper....im using MW5798...same features but can charge larger batts...ive used sanyo, gp and mitsubishi batts. 1600-2100mAh. so far it has never failed me. :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom