What jobs allow you to travel the world frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Especially if you are those who loves to travel and into travelphotography...what are the kinds of jobs which would allow u to do so? Doesn't have to be a long term job...say probably just a year before you get back to what you are doing or supposed to do?

Air steward?
Tour leader?

boroangel said:
Especially if you are those who loves to travel and into travelphotography...what are the kinds of jobs which would allow u to do so? Doesn't have to be a long term job...say probably just a year before you get back to what you are doing or supposed to do?

Air steward?
Tour leader?

Double O Seven :bsmilie:

afaik, for tour guides you need to have 1-2 years of experience b4 they send you further away or else your tour groups are quite limited to asia.

Klose said:
Double O Seven :bsmilie:

afaik, for tour guides you need to have 1-2 years of experience b4 they send you further away or else your tour groups are quite limited to asia.

Shheez...that one's out then.

boroangel said:
Shheez...that one's out then.

but can always try, no harm or else do charity work overseas for a year :think:

:think: .....wonder if got any aircrew around to advise?

Aircrew (tech crew: ie pilots and cabin crew, ie: flight attendants) - most slip times have been greatly reduced in the past 20 years to close to the bare minimum legally required by IATA and international law.

Press Corps: International posting - hard to get.

Business person: Easier to achieve than those above.

Sailor / ship crew: Join the Merchant Marine, it's a tough life though.

International courier (documents) - short slip times in most countries, ie: off plane and straight back on again.

International Fashion model: Most here wouldn't qualify :devil:

Professional Photographer (wildlife, travel etc) - Keenly sought after postings. Again most here wouldn't make the grade.

Diplomat: Join the Diplomatic Service and see the world. Positions are fiercely competitive.

Welfare/Aid worker: Low to no pay.

Drug Smuggler: See the Bangkok Hilton for free or worse.

any 1 earn big bucks while doing it? :think:

Some more...
Domestic helper: (aka maid) always in demand in major Asian cities
Construction worker: same as above
Driver: in demand in major Middle East cities

Companies which based their regional headquater in Singapore and service their customer around the regions or might even be around the globe.

Thats what my company is doing. Therefore, I do travel alot. ;)

scanner said:
Companies which based their regional headquater in Singapore and service their customer around the regions or might even be around the globe.

Thats what my company is doing. Therefore, I do travel alot. ;)

actually u have to be key personnel to be sent arnd now for mncs.. my aunt used to fly business and first class alot with 2 or 3 colleagues. nowadays it's economy and on her own.

top guns at some charity organisations ..... even on first class tickets! :bsmilie:

sORe-EyEz said:
any 1 earn big bucks while doing it? :think:
we all know at least three such "lucky" persons ..... :bigeyes:
(don't know whether will kenna sued or not .... :sweat: )

Klose said:
actually u have to be key personnel to be sent arnd now for mncs.. my aunt used to fly business and first class alot with 2 or 3 colleagues. nowadays it's economy and on her own.

Nope, I have to disagreed. As I have mentioned earlier, its depends on what your company is doing and how their strategize their base in singapore.

I can tell you frankly, my company uses Singapore as a regional HQ and practically about hundreds of my fellow colleagues fly in and out of Singapore every now and then. They are all based in Singapore. ;)

actually quite a lot of people has mis-illusions about travelling work.

its actually means working on the move. meaning like tour people they are actually too busy working during the travel itself, ie looking after guests, pre-/post-arrangements, reporting etc. to even look thru the eyepiece. if you recall carefully, most tour guides, aircrew, sailors etc DONT carry cameras/videos on them AS THEY ARE TRAVELLING becos thats their work!..

that said thot, OVERSEAS POSTING is entirely different..meaning you get some LIFE after/in-between the travelling portion. for example, my tour-work friends complain hectic and tiredness, while my office deskbound friends overseas are shopping and buying galore stuff!

even then, lastly i agred with scanner that things may have sort changed again, so much so some friends complain that their mgmts now require them to fly out this morning as we are chatting by our bedside...and fly BACK by this very afternoon when as much things settled. Not done?...come back to report progress and if necessarily fly back again before the next weekend. by this, even non-effective workers would again get effective just to avoid repeat consecutive jetlags as they have to be back office working the very next day return!!

Project Engineer in Multi National Companies !!!
This Job keeps you travel frequently and stay in that particular countries for quite lengthly period !!!
However, this is a very stressful job,

That's how I develop my photography Interest
In order to keep me survive in this Working Field !!!

And if you think a travel photographers job is just to go around the world and take photographs, its probably not as rosy as you think... ;)

fugitive wanted by interpol..

Status
Not open for further replies.