What JCs are best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vector1

Feb 3, 2007
I just got my O level results (raw 8), and I'm looking into some JCs, namely TJC, and VJC. Does anyone come from those JCs? Is the environment there nice? What about the teachers (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics) ? Also very important, is the photographic club/society there active? I'm currently in NYJC, and I'm pretty happy here, just that my parents would like me to go to a better JC. So any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

First off, grats!

I think this is a potential flame war topic, so I'll post carefully. From the people I've met from TJ and VJ, there's no good or bad.. It's just the culture and environment. In general - and this is very general, TJ would be more serious.. And more studious.

VJ is not all play either, but it's slightly more relaxed, though still a little competitive.

JC is seriously what you make out of it, and sometimes even though the environment is nice you might not get a fun class, etc. So it's all about luck, won't really care what JC I go to actually. You should base it on more pragmatic factors, like results and distance.

What about MJC?

I just got my O level results (raw 8), and I'm looking into some JCs, namely TJC, and VJC. Does anyone come from those JCs? Is the environment there nice? What about the teachers (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics) ? Also very important, is the photographic club/society there active? I'm currently in NYJC, and I'm pretty happy here, just that my parents would like me to go to a better JC. So any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

both are good, chose the one that is more convenient for your commuting

To tell the truth, NYJC pretty much is the nearest JC for me (hence spending 3 months here with the 5 min travel time) and VJC/TJC are about 1.5 hours away by bus for me.

MJC like not bad. My syster was form there and did so well she acually got invited back to be a relief teacher while waiting for her A level results =p. I guess the environment there is pretty conducive..

Meanwhile i was from TPJC. Slacker JC, dont go there unless you have very strong will power and motiviation to self-study becuase the enrivonment is such that people tend to pia in year 2 =p.

OT!!! :thumbsd:

he can't read...

To tell the truth, NYJC pretty much is the nearest JC for me (hence spending 3 months here with the 5 min travel time) and VJC/TJC are about 1.5 hours away by bus for me.

are u concerned abt the brand name of the JC? VJ/TC are both in the top-5 JC list. so either one cannot be wrong. but, IMO, it boils down to whichever JC's environment u are most comfortable with - the school culture, whether got supportive teachers etc.. u are going to spend a better part of ur day in the JC. so, traveling time is another factor. if u are happy in NYJC, and if u got great tutors, why not stay in NYJC? 1.5hrs traveling time is no joke, considering on some days, u might end at 5pm.

eh ... ... i mean between VJC and TJC, choose the one that's more convenient, not just travelling time, bus transfers required, bus frequency etc. ...

why not rjc?

I'll tell you why not RJC...8 points RAW...and I'm not in a niche CCA

Honestly, If you really are happy where you are then stay there.

Whether a JC is perceived to be better or not doesn't have that large a bearing on your final result. What matter is that you want to work hard for your A levels.

Having the JC nearer to your house might be better too because it saves time on a long commute to and from the JC and you can make use of that extra time.

I hear that that time on the bus is great for catching up on sleep ;)

So you stay near Serangoon.... Okay, I suggest SAJC, my alma mater.

Well...It seems to me like NYJC, SAJC, AJC, all same range of cut off point... Is there any distinguishing feature of SAJC that I should consider? If not I would rather stay at NYJC if I'm unable to get to VJC/TJC. I'm willing to consider other JCs if theres something "special" about them ;)

Are you referring to:

What JCs are best? (do you mean "best" as in which area/field?) or WHICH JCs are good? or WHICH are the best overall JCs? :dunno:

nobody say ACJC. so sad :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.