What! it went up again!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only way is to strike and not pump petrol for some time. But it takes a concerted effort.:(

Be prepared to pay around $2.60 per litre by the end of 2008 if the price keeps going up ....
btw all the major oil companies had record earnings last year :bigeyes:

Its another sign of the weakening US dollar. Oil can only be traded in US dollars on the international markets. As the value declines, the price of items like oil and gold will rise.

Thats why i'm getting the best bonus since...:bsmilie:

Dun drive. Simple.

Taxis are all around the road these days.

Dun drive. Simple.

Taxis are all around the road these days.
good idea but sooner or later,taxi fare will increase,so will bus n mrt fares...all dependant on petrol prices...maybe even electicity bill will rise,though iirc,electricity is converted from natural gases here...

if you think last year's inflation is high... wait a couple more years. :devil:

good idea but sooner or later,taxi fare will increase,so will bus n mrt fares...all dependant on petrol prices...maybe even electicity bill will rise,though iirc,electricity is converted from natural gases here...

aiyaaa.. everything are going up.. the only thing that come down is the RAIN...:cry:

Are we not tax on petrol? This % formula multiplies the price increase.

For example, if tax is 20% on a $1 item, price becomes $1.20 and govt makes $0.20. If item price increased to $3, price becomes $3.60 and govt makes $0.60, a 3x price increase.

Some Asian govts (china, indon, m'sia) subsidize petrol or stop price increase via admin controls. How about our govt? They happily make 3x more if they can.

I think as a concern citizen, they should understand the pain people are feeling. The very least they should do is said I will take my $0.20 share and no more. Scrap the %-age tax rate to an absolute one. Their tax revenue on tax on petrol would remain the same. And they did not subsidise us motorist, right? This should be a fair policy since it is not welfare at all. In high inflation times like this, govt should put in efforts to put a lid on prices and not go ERP, ERP, ERP.

Haha, you obviously dont work for a US oil company then!

Profit goes up and up! bonus? no chance!

For example, if tax is 20% on a $1 item, price becomes $1.20 and govt makes $0.20. If item price increased to $3, price becomes $3.60 and govt makes $0.60, a 3x price increase.

Some Asian govts (china, indon, m'sia) subsidize petrol or stop price increase via admin controls. How about our govt? They happily make 3x more if they can.

I think as a concern citizen, they should understand the pain people are feeling. The very least they should do is said I will take my $0.20 share and no more. Scrap the %-age tax rate to an absolute one. Their tax revenue on tax on petrol would remain the same. And they did not subsidise us motorist, right?

I think as a concern citizen, they should understand the pain people are feeling. The very least they should do is said I will take my $0.20 share and no more. Scrap the %-age tax rate to an absolute one. Their tax revenue on tax on petrol would remain the same. And they did not subsidise us motorist, right? This should be a fair policy since it is not welfare at all. In high inflation times like this, govt should put in efforts to put a lid on prices and not go ERP, ERP, ERP, Erapi, rabi, rapi, rapi (FROG-LIKE sounds; after a while, people can sick of hearing the word, ERP).

I think as a concern citizen, they should understand the pain people are feeling. The very least they should do is said I will take my $0.20 share and no more. Scrap the %-age tax rate to an absolute one. Their tax revenue on tax on petrol would remain the same. And they did not subsidise us motorist, right? This should be a fair policy since it is not welfare at all. In high inflation times like this, govt should put in efforts to put a lid on prices and not go ERP, ERP, ERP, Erapi, rabi, rapi, rapi (FROG-LIKE sounds; after a while, people can sick of hearing the word, ERP).

Status
Not open for further replies.