What it takes to ask the OP to unlock a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
I just wonder, what it takes, to ask B&S to repoen the Erica Lai's thread, inorder to post comments, and shut it down again. It happenned twice. I just wonder.

Btw, I am going OT on my own thread, this is a message to stereobox, you are misguided!

yanyewkay said:
:dunno: what happened?
Somehow, after B&S close the Erica Lai's thread, it was reponned twice. first time yesterday afternoon, a few poeple posted and the thread was closed again. Thoday, it was reopenned for our stereobox's misguided comments.

Just wondering!

Deadpoet said:
I just wonder, what it takes, to ask B&S to repoen the Erica Lai's thread

If you don't have any other contact information, I think a PM would be a good way to ask someone for something ;). But why try to perpetuate the mudslinging at each other?

LittleWolf said:
If you don't have any other contact information, I think a PM would be a good way to ask someone for something ;). But why try to perpetuate the mudslinging at each other?
I guess mud can be sling one way but not the other right? Thanks for your insight.

Deadpoet said:
I guess mud can be sling one way but not the other right? Thanks for your insight.

Let's put it this way: it's usually not only the target who gets dirty in a mudslinging contest. :) Everyone's made their point, and continued quibbling over semantics isn't going to make anyone look better.

you can always start a new erica lai thread and continue the discussion there, no?

:)

zaren said:
you can always start a new erica lai thread and continue the discussion there, no?

:)
The discussion is really not about Ms. Lai, isn't it?

for a moment there I was thinking B&S = buy and sell.. and i kept searching for it in B&S with no results until I chanced upon that thread last night..

OT: DP, are you going to close the thread you made abt selling your Corsair SD card? Because last I saw, it wasn't closed yet.

Deadpoet said:
I just wonder, what it takes, to ask B&S to repoen the Erica Lai's thread, inorder to post comments, and shut it down again. It happenned twice. I just wonder.

Yes I noticed that. It did seem a bit odd. If this is normal practice, it would mean that the starter of the thread could always have the last word no matter how outrageous or insulting he or she chose to be. (Note - general comment and not referring to anyone in particular).

A thread starter can open or close his/her own thread. The mods/admins can open/close any threads...

For the Erica Lai thread, the thread starter did all the openning and closing without any intervention from the mods/admins.

roygoh said:
A thread starter can open or close his/her own thread. The mods/admins can open/close any threads...

For the Erica Lai thread, the thread starter did all the openning and closing without any intervention from the mods/admins.
Roy,

Never for a second did I thought the admin or mod was involved.

Deadpoet said:
Roy,

Never for a second did I thought the admin or mod was involved.

Just stating for the record. No assumptions or putting words in mouths here.:)

roygoh said:
Just stating for the record. No assumptions or putting words in mouths here.:)

:eek: OMG, I am agreeing with the mods :bigeyes:

Deadpoet said:
to up the thread? :dunno: just guessing.

Anyway, I used to have quite a few of those pics when I had my first P&S. It looked kinda cool to me but was quickly gunned down as crapped. So what makes an abstract good and what makes it crap? :dunno:

yanyewkay said:
...what makes an abstract good and what makes it crap? :dunno:

There are many things that make an image, abstract or otherwise, good or bad. Most of these things are mutually exclusive from whether people like the image(s) or not. The problem with all critique, here on CS and elsewhere is that the two always get mixed up and one made to sound like the other.

I can't remember who said it, or the exact words used, but there's a saying by a famous photographer along the lines - A portrait says more about the photographer then the subject. Well, I believe the same goes for critique - it says more about the person giving the critique then it does about the the receiver.

roygoh said:

So one can open his thread for comments and close it. Opens it again for another comments he agrees and closes it. I assume they are sitting side by side discussing about it, or PM, or SMS, etc.

So we can actually use this method of keeping "agreeable comments" in the threads for long long time in cyberspace.

Cool! Must try some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.