what ISO film to use when travelling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenWAYS

May 27, 2003
what flim speed is best used for travel photos ?
currently using EOS300 with the internal flash .........

7ways

depends on what kind of travel photo you are taking.... best is to bring a variety to suit ur diff needs....

haha....for me...i load one roll of sensia 100 into one camera ...and probably will bring at least 1 more...then 4 rolls of fuji 200 on another body.... 2 rolls of kodak 400...for a trip of say 3 to four days... and my trusty digicam too for juz some normal shots....wif loads of CF....ahaha...

generally, ISO200 should be suitable for most situations. ISO100 would be good, provided if u are going to a place with good sunshine and weather. if not, u might need to use flash. however, for my personal preference, i usually carry ISO100 film when i use my wife's pentax on our trips overseas. we both like the sharpness of the prints when we developed them.

if you tend to spend a lot of times indoors (e.g museums, castles, churches etc), a ISO400 film might be a good idea, if u dun intend to pack an external flash along. helps you capture shots in low light without a tripod most of the time. if not, u might have to think abt lugging a lightweight tripod along for the trip.

thanks to all for the fast reply ......
will be heading to china for 2 weeks ------ beijing and shanghai .......

will be taking a tripod along to take nite shots ...... so .... what kinds of flim to bring ? all the iso ? from 100-400? or even more ?

also bring only one body nia .....

7ways

anyway...where are you goin and for how long??? otherwise very hard to advise also....my sensia purely for landscape...so if goin to like bangkok solely....most prob is 400....mostly street shots anyway wat...then sensia one roll or something only...

Kodak NC160 rated at 125 for travels.

Fuji Press 800 for times where light levels are low (rated at 640 when light is good).

Anything else can be solved by lugging a light plastic tripod.

sevenWAYS, guess IMO, ISO200 shld do lah. as u're carrying a tripod along, can set to low shutter speeds for nites. and ISO200 shld give pretty good shots for day.

bros, and other suggestions?

Fuji Supreria 200 for general use. Fuji Reala 100 for when I know the weather is good. Kodak Tri-X or Ilford HP-5 if the place I'm going to is good B&W material.

300d....

Hey... its summer in china now... You're gonna have alot of sunlight outside that is.... Try to get those grain free iso100 shots...

In musuems... 400 would do fine....
In doubt.... try out all the iso and whack.... bracket i mean,...

primal_discord said:
300d....

Hey... its summer in china now... You're gonna have alot of sunlight outside that is.... Try to get those grain free iso100 shots...

In musuems... 400 would do fine....
In doubt.... try out all the iso and whack.... bracket i mean,...

erm I thought we were discussing film? how come suddenly pop out a 300D? :D

Bro, just bring IS200 lar. So troublesome. You not going to shoot F1 race or some George Lucus' pod race! You going travelling right? IS200 will be good euff for most suituation. I-yo.

oh.. cos the poster is using a 300d mah...

hehe in case you are not aware of it, the Canon EOS 300 and 300V are film cameras. The EOS 300 have been around for quite some time as Canon's entry level film camera.. :D

sevenWAYS said:
what flim speed is best used for travel photos ?
currently using EOS300 with the internal flash .........

7ways

no hard and fast rules. normally like using kodak gold 100 and fuji superia 200. but will sometimes carry along a couple of rolls of velvia 50.

hmm....u got a normal digital cam??? bring it....safety shots....btw...use an xray bag n never leave ya stuff out of ya sight...bring along proof of purchases too....CHINA...never know wat may happen

Witness said:
kodak NC 160 for travels??? i tot 160s were portrait films..

But there's no hard and fast rules saying portrait films can't be used for anything else right? ;)

Seriously though, I like the skin tones and general low contrast of the NC160. That's why its my colour film of choice (yup sometimes even for sports on bright sunny days).

Personal preferences goes to Fuji Supra 400 Xtra for very fine grains and high ISO for all general travelling uses as high ISO can buy you good aperture (f11-22) :lovegrin: when the light is good. A higher shutter will let you capture those moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.