What is your stand on reserving seats using using Tissue in the Food Court etc.

What is your stand on reserving seats using Tissue/belonging in the Food Court etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since those ppls love this practice, maybe i should throw some old tissue randomly at any sit during lunch time and walk away without eating there. :bsmilie:

they very cheapskate use tissue paper,i use tissue box to chop!!

seriously, in fact i just sit on the "reserved" table and ask my gf order the food. it's a public place after all.

seriously, in fact i just sit on the "reserved" table and ask my gf order the food. it's a public place after all.

i will unroll toilet roll to chop the entire food centre. :bsmilie:

Oh well, you can always give out free tissue, and sell non-ad refill tissues! :bsmilie:

I'd do so if it can land me with at D3x too!

Good Idea! :cool:

Let us start selling today! ;)

:bsmilie:

Since those ppls love this practice, maybe i should throw some old tissue randomly at any sit during lunch time and walk away without eating there. :bsmilie:

i will unroll toilet roll to chop the entire food centre. :bsmilie:

I can't stop :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I can't stop :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hahah yea man. Nice one :thumbsup:
I will kop their tissue papers and when they come back, i say i didn see their tissue papers
got people take and then i sit :D

just remove the tissue, sit down and ignore them. there's nothing they can do!!!! after a while they will simply find another seat elsewhere.

tissue choping is really the shame of singapore.

I've been to CBD area for courses, and usually, one of my colleagues or myself will help to "chope" or hold the table during lunch. Don't see what's the problem with doing that.

I've been to CBD area for courses, and usually, one of my colleagues or myself will help to "chope" or hold the table during lunch. Don't see what's the problem with doing that.

I always ask my rabbit to 'chope' for me.

3995333533_de1d489c95.jpg

The problem with tissue is that people cannot ask the tissue if how many seats are taken. If someone is there to chope seats, at least we can ask how many seats are still available.

Also, if the tissue choper forgot to come back and take her tissue, the seats are forever choped and no one dare to sit even though it is available.

End of the day, the guy/gal sitting on behalf of the group is "choping" the table/seats. Just that, tissue-paper gang is doing it without the human touch. Isn't it 1 tissue = 1 seat taken?

I still remembered, I "choped" 4 seats at a table, the tissue gang can still "chope" the remaining 2 seats, using 2 packs of tissues.

maybe just how many of us here replying are actually working in the CBD area where the practice is more prevalent?

and how many actually did what they typed in the situations mentioned above?

The problem with tissue is that people cannot ask the tissue if how many seats are taken. If someone is there to chope seats, at least we can ask how many seats are still available.

Also, if the tissue choper forgot to come back and take her tissue, the seats are forever choped and no one dare to sit even though it is available.

Nonono, you know how the aunties or female working adults do, regardless chio or avg or old ones. Like got 5 women, they got 5 tissue bags put on the table. -.- wtf.

my personal opinion... this is stupid culture. I ever heard on some interview on the news that this person saying this is a "unique" singapore culture. What the heck, these people just putting the tissue to reserve the table, and then taking their own sweet time looking for food without giving a thought to someone else...

I still remember the 2 angmoh at Lau Pa Sat was chase away by local office auntie... so embarrassing...:think:

There is one time I saw an uncle on another table just throw away the tissue (left by 2 office gal) and sit there taking his lunch. When the 2 gal return, they were shock and wondering where is their tissue. And they do not dare to ask also.... haha... so funny

Last edited:
i usually roll my eyes at the packet of tissue. but then wonder if it'll ever work if i tried it haha. but i never did anyway. think its too irritating, won't wanna irritate others. its like walking really slowly on the streets! hate those kind of ppl especially when im in a rush

Status
Not open for further replies.