What is your screen resolution?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
I posted a panorama shot at 1200 pixels wide and was wondering if it would be a pain for those with lower res to scroll horizontally. Personally i hate scrolling horizontally cos for vertical scrolling, i have a scroll button! :p

If an option isn't there just pick the nearest!

I checked the poll results and noticed that 60% uses 1280X1024.

My question to those using this resolution, are you aware that the aspect ratio for this resolution is 5:4 instead of the usual 4:3 for resolutions like 1024X768 or 640X480?

Do you physically measure the display area onthe screen and adjust the V and H sizes accordingly to get the 5:4 aspect ratio for 1280X1024?

When I first got my 21 inch display for use at work, I set to this resolution and noticed the flattening of the images displyed. I then adjusted the V and H sizes until the display area has the 5:4 aspect ratio.

- Roy

i'm one of the 1280x1024 and yeah i know the aspect is 5:4 not 4:3...

but dunno wat u mean about the h and v thing. i just stretch the screen to the edges!! :D

Originally posted by jOhO
i'm one of the 1280x1024 and yeah i know the aspect is 5:4 not 4:3...

but dunno wat u mean about the h and v thing. i just stretch the screen to the edges!! :D

Every signle pixel should theorethically be displayed as a perfect square on the screen.

If you stretch the display all the way to the edges, this will most likely end up in a 4:3 physical aspect ration.

As a result, when you display a picture of a circle on screen, it will not be a circle, but stretched sideways into some sort of an oval shape.

What I did was to maximize the display area vertically, and then measure the vertical display size, multiply that by 4/5, and the adjust the horizontal size to that dimension.

This makes the actual display aspect ratio match the screen resolution setting aspect ratio. So there is no distortion in the display.

- Roy

;)

arr ok i get u...

yeah u're right about objects looking a little flatter but it doesn't bother me much. i dun think it's that much of a difference. anyway no matter how, i still feel that using the monitor to judge how something would print out is quite pointless.. really buay zhun one lor. not just in colour but stuff like fonts sizes etc.. looks ok on screen but when print out like too big or too small, u know that kind of thing.

so after ur measurements to keep pixels "square" how much black space to u get on the sides of ur screen? issit alot? like "waste" screen space like that leh. :p

or else u could just go up to 1600x1200 :D 21" display should be ok at that res.

Not much waste lah...about 1/2 inch per side. I felt it was worth it.

My system quite slow at 1600X1200, and the refresh rate is not gooh enough at that resolution, only 50 Hz.

Originally posted by ckiang
No in-between sizes like 1152 x 864, 1280 x 960, etc? :)

Regards
CK
oh yah those are the ones that i wasn't sure of. can help me add pleaseeeeeeeee? :p

I think quite a number of those selecting 1280x1024 did so because 1152x864 and 1280x960 were not available as choices.

I am running a dual monitor set up

17" Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 72 @ 1024x768
19" Sony G420 @ 1280x960

SGI (Sony OEM) GDM20E21 @ 1280x1024 (dumb ATI R8500 doesn't have a 1280x960! I want my Matrox G400.... :p)

1024x768 on Sony E230 @ Home ( personally, I want 1280x1024 but then I'm not the only one using this computer ;p )

1280x1024 on Philips 109S and Acer 99c @ Office (finally! ;))

:Later,

Status
Not open for further replies.