What is your favourite photography tip?

Here's one that someone told me a long time ago, and it has stuck since.

"If you want to do something out of the norm, like tilting your horizon? Then do it such that others can be sure that you did it deliberately. Leave no doubt, else it looks like a mistake."

Another one.

"A lot of people like to claim that they break the rules. But if you don't understand how they work, how do you break them?"

“Your photo will be no better than the quality of the light… if the light is mediocre, do not expect anything more than a mediocre photo”

spare battery aka extra battery aka backup battery!

Dammit I suck.

stages-of-a-photographer.png

interesting views :)
line.jpg
:)

my favorite photography tip is always the 50 bucks /100 bucks angbao bonus after a wedding coverage.

Dammit I suck.

stages-of-a-photographer.png

Maybe not directly related to photography, but applicable nonetheless, especially in this day and age.

"You become aware that there will be people in life who can mentor you. My good advice to you is to take good advice from the right people. The trick, of course, is to know who they are." -- Simon Cowell

:think: I learned from this guy by the name "night86mare" post. (If not wrong, he started mass posting at around 2008 till dead as shown in the graph) Is he the right people with good advice?;p

Advice that are lost with starter "See first, click later".

Hmm...

Catch the mood, worry abt other things later?

"a picture that is noisy but sharp is better than one that is clean but blurry"

photoart said:
my favourite is:

Shoot more, talk less

I like to talk more, shoot even more. :bsmilie:

Can't shoot the 'feel' without engaging the subjects. :p hehe

Have to disagree respectfully... There are blurry pictures which work! :)

There are 2 type of blurry that works. Motion blur that shows speed as well as soft photos like those from Imagon.

For underwater, always "get low and get close".

and a serious tip this time round...

clean your camera and prep up before you shoot. last thing u really want is equipment failure, so check before you leave your house.

-batteries
-camera
-lenses

clean 1 round with a lens pen first. blow those irritating dust away from sensor.
check if it works.
shoot, test, and repeat until satisfied.