What is your favourite photography magazine?

What is/are your favourite photography magazine(s)?

Results are only viewable after voting.

king2penn

Feb 15, 2007
Singapore
I'm used to getting the practical photography(PP) magazine and sometimes the black & white magazine every month. What do you get and why?

Regards,
Steven

if i had a choice, all of them

you can never get enough opinions on anything, and reading is always, always fun :)

haha, i agree fully with u... If i had a choice, i would rob the newstand every month...:D

Why nikon photography.. they seemed bias towards canon hmmm...

for me, its Digital Camera World.

actually, all of them 'slant' towards whoever gives them more money for product placement.

actually, i don't really care

because pentax never gives anyone money

but besides that point, it is not important! let's not turn a photog magazine discussion into a brand discussion somehow.. unless there is nothing to learn from the photog magazine.. in which case you must be looking at a brand catalogue, not a magazine. every magazine has something to learn, i think.

on the other hand, based on uk pricing, there are magazines which are more value for money than others, different slants, etc.

i'm quite surprised at how photovideoi is, it is actually quite a decent magazine, although i do wish that they would just become pure photogrpahy, it's not as if they are focusing much on the video part. and of course, they need to look harder for inspirational stories, etc. other than that, most of the articles are pretty good, with decent coverage of local ongoings.. in that respect it is different from most other photog magazines, there is a more "localised" feel.

Practical photography. Never missed a month!

most magazine are mostly talking about equipments..
and you will see the articles of photography subjects get recycled after one year,

so if you subscribed the magazine more than a year, you will find nothing interesting to read on anymore.

and you will see the articles of photography subjects get recycled after one year,

so if you subscribed the magazine more than a year, you will find nothing interesting to read on anymore.

Ya... agree... i get some chinese photography magazine like 摄影之友 sometime...

i would like to heave them all ^^ if possible but would prefer DP ... all so ex :cry:

Dont know about other mags but definitely true with PP when I was reading it.

Dont know about other mags but definitely true with PP when I was reading it.
those most popular photography magazines are more incline to latest equipments review, plus some basic photography techniques, these are cater to beginners.

I think the worst is Popular Photography magazine, more than half the magazine are product price list, advertisement on every pages, the balance of space all are camera, lens, film, products reviews, been seeing this magazine for more than 20 over years doing the same things.

some magazines are in more specialize field, you don't see them in news stand.

I read quite a few, Digital Photographer, Practical Photography and Digital Camera World. Mostly for the tips since I'm still learning.