What is your favourite aperture to take photographs at?

What is your favourite aperture to take photographs at?

Results are only viewable after voting.

u liddat say like ask trick question lor... if i say can... all stand 1 straight line, and i am standing beyond the infinity focus... i say onz... :devil:

that has gotta be a damn straight line! :bsmilie:
but yes, probably possible.... :think:

f4

just nice, 1 stop above my max of f2.8 and good sharpness from this stop. ;)

This is actually a very interesting poll...I'm surprised so many shoot at f2.8 and f2. Thought the newer crowd uses only zooms these days. Must be some serious prime lens users in this forum. That makes me:)

should use wide angle and big f-stop for bikini bebes, so can
#1 get closer to subject
#2, better DOF
#3, less visible hand shake.

Can I just check, will prime lens 50mm F1.8 provide lesser handshake than 18-135 telephoto?

Can I just check, will prime lens 50mm F1.8 provide lesser handshake than 18-135 telephoto?

it all depends.. if u are comparing at the same apertures.. then i'd say yes only because the 50mm is lighter and probably easier to hold steady.. if not there's no difference..

if u're talking about f/1.8, yes, because the larger aperture allows faster shutter speeds which can reduce (not eliminate) the effects of handshake..

do note also that the focal length affects the effects of handshake, so u can only compare at 50mm.. at 18mm the effects of handshake will be much less than at 135mm (think about the angle of view and how a slight shift in the camera can move the image much further on a telephoto)

Which version?? :bsmilie:

Any! As long as there is a lens blur filter. ;)
Besides, u know which version I use! :bsmilie: