What is your favorite photo editing software

what is your favorite photo editing software

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2002
Greece
two.xthost.info
The question is what is your favorite photo editing software ..
Just vote .

You have the right to vote more than one choice !!

Originally posted by syncmaster

Does the infanview resize better than the PS 5.5 ??
I never really compared them. I use PS 5.5 to resize as well, when I don't have to do too many. Only use IrfanView when I needed to do batch operations (like resize 20+ images) :)

Irfanview is supposed to have a better resize algorithm (Lanczos) compared to Photoshop (bicubic) though.

Regards
CK

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
i iuse paint shop pro. the interface are much more user-friendly then photoshop.

but well, since my scanner came with Photoshop Element. I think I got to learn something new again.

Mar 15, 2002
Greece
two.xthost.info
I started this thread because I have installed all of this utilities in my PC ( do not ask were I found them) ..
The point is that i have to clear out , what I will finally keep and really learn to use at the max of it .
The Photoshop 6 is not in my argument as it is a tested leader , like the ACDsee 3.2 ver viewer , but it is all the others .

For instance , I tried out Qimage Pro (with the Lanczos) and the ACDsee 3.2 , the results is a follow , in low image resolutions like 640x480 , trying to print as almost A4 size , the Lanczos function does not help other ,than making things more blurry .

One other experiment that shortly I will do is to compare the images resample quality with the Lanczos ,and with out it .

One other test that i did was to transform one 1600x1200 JPEG ,to one TIFF , the results was very funny , i create one 5 megs file that in comparison with the 500kb original had the same quality and there was not even the smallest change in noise levels .

I am fighting to turn down the myths and fantasies about the digital images editing ..
I work with the Photoshop for many years ,but i was did most web graphics , now with the images of my DC , i have to
reconsider and reorganize my tool box with really worthy software .

You can freely add your comments as negative or positive for any software that you have use ..

etman

Mar 19, 2002
Singapore
www.etman.net
I use Micrografx Picture Publisher 7.
It's quite powerful and costs only $20+.
Photoshop features at a cheap price.
Many special effects and file types supported.
Has a very user-friendly thumbnailing feature.
:)

nuts

Jan 21, 2002
www.roving-light.com

For instance , I tried out Qimage Pro (with the Lanczos) and the ACDsee 3.2 , the results is a follow , in low image resolutions like 640x480 , trying to print as almost A4 size , the Lanczos function does not help other ,than making things more blurry .
well, trying to print 640x480 to A4 (say 8x10 inch), that works out to abt 60dpi? I don't think you can expect this Lanczos algo to do too much magic to produce extra 2-3 times more data! (unless its TV, or movie military science ;) )

One other test that i did was to transform one 1600x1200 JPEG ,to one TIFF , the results was very funny , i create one 5 megs file that in comparison with the 500kb original had the same quality and there was not even the smallest change in noise levels .
Hmm? you save a 1600x1200 JPG to a TIFF? Well, thats the point of saving in TIFF right? so that there is no noise added rite?

..NuTs..

syncmaster

Mar 15, 2002
Greece
two.xthost.info
It looks from the poll that the PS 6 is the king , but give me some more feedback about your personal likes and dislikes .

M

Midnight

err.. I don't think Photoshop 7 was released when this poll was posted... any idea what's up with the 'resurrection' of these threads? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom