What is your biggest fear?

What is your biggest fear in life?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mich_2103 said:
This is my two cents worth about this thread.

If we are purely talking the above mentioned fears in Singapore's context, poverty isn't the truly number one fear. I know I'm gonna be slammed by this statement but unless you are physically and mentally disabled in which, finding a job (to have $$$) may be more tedious, you can still have a reasonable living. The truth is there are lots of jobs out there but Singaporeans are picky about their jobs and therefore, most of these jobs are taken up by foreign workers.

IMHO, having poor health and having cancer and six more months to live is the worst (but the poll was unable to provide multiple options...). Healthcare is very costly in modern world's context and it is just going to be even more expensive in the future.

You see yourself wasting away as each day passes. I mean seriously, it is better to just inject us with a lethal injection just like what the way vets put animals to sleep if we are going to die anyway. It is a torture when your mind is still active, thinking about the things you want to do but your body is a total waste and completely not responding to your mind's commands. I witnessed that a few months before my grandfather passed away. It was really heart wrenching. :cry:

And then your love ones pumps in thousands on you just to relieve your suffering. I don't want to drag my family into it.

If you watch the foreign flick The Sea Inside, you will know what I mean. It's a good film but a pretty depressing one so go and catch it when you are in a good mood.

Rgds,
-Mich-

Well said Mich. Sometimes we find it sad for people in authority that do not have the ability to have fellowship with its own people, showing mercy and making allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who make the offends. So we find film and movie makers/ producers putting forth their outcry in their productions. Life to many is unfair and you have to live with it.

I suppose people are not reluctant to show mercy because they don't understand the difference between trusting one another and giving continuous support to the needy. You ask a person who had been drawing a salary of $12,000 a month, for the past five years now retrenched to do a lower job with a $1,200 a month and see what happened! So the job has to go to foreigners who are eagering waiting to come to work here.

Will this behavior change over time? Not unless there are more funds pump into real public education to cater to those who are still sturborn and ignorant.

I fear being useless.

student said:
I fear being useless.

One can have a weak definition, however I have heard the five deadly "Don't"! :)

1. Do not simply believe what you hear just because you have heard it for a long time.

2. Do not follow tradition blindly merely because it has been practised in that way for many generations.

3. Do not hold on tightly to any view or idea just because you are comfortable with it.

4. Do not accept as fact anything that you yourself find to be logical.

5. Do not abruptly draw conclusions by what you see and hear.

------------------------------
One is only useless when one cannot
sincerely render service or help to others
without being paid.

forward said:
One can have a weak definition, however I have heard the five deadly "Don't"! :)

1. Do not simply believe what you hear just because you have heard it for a long time.

2. Do not follow tradition blindly merely because it has been practised in that way for many generations.

3. Do not hold on tightly to any view or idea just because you are comfortable with it.

4. Do not accept as fact anything that you yourself find to be logical.

5. Do not abruptly draw conclusions by what you see and hear.

------------------------------
One is only useless when one cannot
sincerely render service or help to others
without being paid.

Errr...

What has these 5 "Do nots" have to do with "what I fear most?" .

Personally, i'm afraid of going blind... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.