What is your best S.O.C. timing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
Hi Everybody

Just wanna to share the fun out of it, nothing else though.
Question : What is your best timing for the SOC (Standard Obstacle Course)
during your 2 or 2 and half year NS serivce.
Your best timing is running with SBO, helmet, rifle (M-16, not carbine hor) and one full water bottle.
Honest answer, please.

1. King Tiger : 8 min 25 seconds (1993 result)

what was the passing time? forgot liao. I think my fastest was around 30s faster than the passing time.

2. lieu9310 : 8 min 30 sec (1986), now may be 1 hour :embrass:

Best timing in my section is 6 min 30 sec!

Happy shooting!

lieu9310 said:
2. lieu9310 : 8 min 30 sec (1986), now may be 1 hour :embrass:

Best timing in my section is 6 min 30 sec!

Happy shooting!

6 min 30 sec is bloody fast. very close to the SAF record.

anyway, my SOC timing is always "just pass"... :what:

Mine 8:03 (2001 or 2002)

now the trend is all about NS huh :)

mpenza said:
what was the passing time? forgot liao. I think my fastest was around 30s faster than the passing time.

The passing time for SOC in BMT should be 10 min 30 secs
1st year in unit is 10mins
2nd year in unit is 9 min 30 secs.

Sometime, when recall back, I can still remember the heart start beating faster and faster :sweatsm: before your "details" group start to run.
Details 1 get ready!!!, Details 2 standby, Details 3 start warming up and so on....

2. lieu9310 : 8 min 30 sec (1986), now may be 1 hour
3. Big_lan : 6min 45 sec (2000, OCS service term)

My OC did 5min 55sec

King Tiger said:

Sometime, when recall back, I can still remember the heart start beating faster and faster :sweatsm: before your "details" group start to run.
Details 1 get ready!!!, Details 2 standby, Details 3 start warming up and so on....

issit?...heh...then think my best timeing myst be 9min 15sec liaoz...cos me remember i passed both year...heh...but all border line passes...remember the last leg need my PC to keep shouting "motivations" while I struggle to the finish line... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ...ah memories.... :think:

King Tiger said:

Anyone noticed that, in cold mornings, you actually can see the steam coming from the uniforms of those who just finished the SOC. :D I m serious!

bigfatfish said:
Anyone noticed that, in cold mornings, you actually can see the steam coming from the uniforms of those who just finished the SOC. :D I m serious!

I agree with bigcatfish, the last 100m chiong and the maximum strength produce out all of our heats from our body.
I remember after all tthe warming down and drinking of cold water; the whole coy sit down together, can see all the evaporate heat in the air, as if we are learing some kind of ancient chinese martial art.

8min 25sec (OCS Service Term 1996)
But I "cheated" by taking painkillers to numb the pain on my left knee.:blah:
Alas, OOC in Pro Term. :cry:

are you guys made of machine? that's fast!!! going in the army soon, this 23th. just hope i could have the same timing as you guys! haven took my soc but my sec sch record is only 12min30sec

don't worry...will have chance to improve one...just keep running and climbing and jumbingthe SOC day in say out for say 2-3 mths before the actual test...oh...remember to bring in some tubes of Deep Heat...heh...you'll need it...heh

This tread really brings back memories! SOC that what i hated most. Did you guys know that everybody then had to do SOC with full battle order back then....early 80s Don't know how i did it but i passed with 3 sec to spare...swear never to do it again

no armour back then all combat fit guys have to do it Believe me not matter how fit you are, its still a killer

Status
Not open for further replies.