What Is Your All Time Favorite Camera? Can Be Film and/or Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

photopurist

Apr 8, 2005
Singapore, Earth
My all time favorite camera is my trusty 1967 Seagull TLR camera which used to belong to my father. It is also my very first camera when I started photography at the age of six. No complicated metering system, no fancy features, just plain, simple camera.

At six???? Are you serious or just joking? :) ....or something else?

Hong Sien

My all time camera?

The one that allows me to make the image I want.

my 1st cam was a pentax, can't even remember e model... lolx
started snapping my 1st pics around primary 2(?), just click and snapped only... :bsmilie: dun really have a fav "yet", but the one cam that means something to me is my old eos 88, been with me for yrs... :)

I start as early as Primary 3 when my dad bought his first Nikon manual SLR...when Canon EOS cam launch, I just giveup on Nikon as I wearing spec...very tedious to focus manually...was wonder how slow to do it in manual...

Yashica J-mini Super
ok its not fantastic but it was my 1st camera and I adore it.
this thread made me take it out for some fun, unfortunately I dont have any film on hand.

My favourite camera hasn't been invented yet.

Imagine a DSLR which allows you to tilt and shift the CCD/CMOS sensor inside the camera, so you can have same effect as tilt-shift lens with any oridinary lens, as long as it has a big enough image circle.

Such a camera will have an array of focusing points distributed over the image area. The photographer can pick any single point for "flat sensor" mode of focusing or 3 focusing points for "tilt sensor" mode of focusing and the camera will combine focuing the lens as well as tilting the sensor to achieve focus on all the selected focusing points.

For architectural shots instead of shitfing the lens you simply shift the sensor inside the camera.

same.. i started out at Primary 3 too~~ lol.... i started using my dad's FM and shoot. used to shoot on flim.. and slowly into digital...

manual was one of the things that forced me to learn more and venture and crave for faster cameras...

lol...

and now.. stuck with the poison for micros and telezooms... sigh..

Yes... I started photography at the age of 6. I remember I was in K2. I took a photo of my best friend. My hands weren't very steady then. Lots of "shake, rattle and roll" photos.

it's got to be a Nikon ;) FM2n, F90X and F100 .. in no particular order. reliable, trustworthy and dependable..what more can i ask for? i chose the F100 over the F5 because it offers the ability to remove vertical grip for more a streamlined profile.

other non-SLR models include the Minolta Hi-matic F and Olympus XA-2

Give me a Nikon SLR anytime !

for more discreet photography,it will be the Xpan.

My favourite camera is Canon A-1. It is very useful and I think it have many functions.

my all time favourite is the EOS 1 family: all of them, from 1 to 1n to 1nRs to 1v to 1D to 1Ds to 1D-markII to 1Ds-markII. they are among the coolest machines ever conceived thumbsup: :cool:

Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II is one of the most unreliable camera I have used. I use this camera at work and crank out about 500-1,000 images a week. Maybe my company got a lemon; it has to be sent back to Canon for servicing almost every month since we bought it in December last year. Good thing it is still under warranty.

I am a Nikon user for 19 years and none of my four existing Nikon bodies have to go back to Shirio.

All time fav camera? It has to be my D70, it rekindled my love for photography.
But I also have sentimental feelings for my trusty F801s, snap snap snap can always be trusted to give me good results. A set of fresh batteries can last me for months.

It has only gone back to Shirio to replace my shutter and that is after over 10 years of shooting. Talk about reliable.

The first camera I used was an Asahi Pentax. It was shared with a friend. Then I got my first real camera, a thing I could call my own, Canon EF with 50mm FD 1.4 lens that is still producing sharp and crystal clear images today.

Definitely my nikon F100 - I have confidence in it. My kodak underwater (50m) disposable camera is 2nd and my nikon D2H is third.

;)

icarus said:
Definitely my nikon F100 - I have confidence in it. My kodak underwater (50m) disposable camera is 2nd and my nikon D2H is third.

;)

Yeah... The F100 is a solid camera. I can, however, feel the weight a little if carry for more than an hour. Definitely a workhorse! My "unofficial" workhorse now is my trusty, yet lightweight, N80.

FM2 ... the rest esp DSLR may not take the coldness that well when i go to Alaska

It's a tough call for me:

Either: Nikon F2M (high speed Motor drive released in '76) or the MPP view camera (4x5) which I also love to bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.