What is wrong?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsybitsyspidy

Jul 5, 2004
Just took a quite a few photos at jolin's autograph session, i must be doing something wrong. all my pictures came out blur and bad. Almost none sharp. Quite sad. I'm really terrible.

handshake? or focus wrongly?

some pictures so we can see?

Damn sad. These are the only ones i can salvage after some PP. haiz.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

i'm just terrible. *cry*

pardon me for my poor PP. using LCD now.

itsybitsyspidy said:
1/50s f/2.8

your shutter too low, at such long focal length, you'll need 1/80 or even 1/100 to get sharp pictures.

there seems to be a lack of lights. you might need to compensate your flash upwards, or do +1 EV to your metering. you'll get better lit pictures

also, things seems to be slightly on the grainy side. ISO 640 or ISO 400 should be better if you demand pictures that requires less grain/noise =)

Stratix said:
your shutter too low, at such long focal length, you'll need 1/80 or even 1/100 to get sharp pictures.

there seems to be a lack of lights. you might need to compensate your flash upwards, or do +1 EV to your metering. you'll get better lit pictures

also, things seems to be slightly on the grainy side. ISO 640 or ISO 400 should be better if you demand pictures that requires less grain/noise =)

but i tried at 1/80 and 1/100 it's underexposing my photos. so i shouldn't point my flash straight at the subject?

THink you should be using a 70-300 lens ba.. from the quality of it.
You are using D50, thus that should be around iso 800 or 1600.

Using SB 600? Try overiding the flash and let it fire full power. Hopefully can have sufficient light. Try to use support and use shutter priority at least at 1/200.

Andy Ang said:
THink you should be using a 70-300 lens ba.. from the quality of it.
You are using D50, thus that should be around iso 800 or 1600.

Using SB 600? Try overiding the flash and let it fire full power. Hopefully can have sufficient light. Try to use support and use shutter priority at least at 1/200.

omg so disgraceful to tell you i'm using the 80-200. i'm hopeless. yeah my iso is 800, coz i tot low light, hence boost iso. i'll probably try a monopod next time. :cry:

(Would've been useful if you'd let the EXIF data through in your pics after the PP....)

ah.zeep said:
(Would've been useful if you'd let the EXIF data through in your pics after the PP....)

how'd i do that?

Too low of a shutter speed. Too big of an ambition.

Whenever I use my 80-200 f2.8 indoors or undershade, I will definitely bring along my monopod (even a tripod with one leg extended is good) and a flash. Otherwise, I know I will have to reject 80~90% of my effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.