mindfulness

Mar 20, 2008
IMG_4208.jpg

tv- 1/1000
av - 5.6
exposure compensation - minus 2/3
ISO 100
70mm

I shoot in AV mode and the 500D did the rest as indicated.

There is so much reddish overcast near the flag. A few other photos also like that.

Please cnc. Thanks!

that's the color cast from the roof, nothing you can do about it.

Unless you rip the roof off or paint the roof white.

that's the color cast from the roof, nothing you can do about it.

Unless you rip of the roof or paint the roof white.

thanks! for a moment I thought my lens got problem. (EF 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS USM)

and sorry to OT

but if you'd like others to C&C

you can always post in the photo galleries forum under the appropriate sub-forum

There is also redish overcast over the other side.

Could it be due to the painting on the building?

There is also redish overcast over the other side.

Could it be due to the painting on the building?

more like color cast from roof, watever it is, there's nth wrong with TS's lens. :)

The only explanation might be, that is some kind of reflexion from the red color of the slates on top of the building.

Have a good shooting

Can I ask TS, what was the reason for using exposure compensation of -2/3?
It looked kind of under-exposed.

Most likely to increase the color saturation by cutting down the exposure.

-2/3 could be too much. -1/3 could be better.

I think the white balance is off too. Color is not vivid.

I used the AV mode and the camera did the rest. The settings are given above. I am puzzled over the underexposed results too. Thanks for the comments

I used the AV mode and the camera did the rest. The settings are given above. I am puzzled over the underexposed results too. Thanks for the comments

means u did not set the exposure compensation intentionally for this shot? if realli so then u have to check your settings, the exposure compensation could be changed accidentally, coz normally camera will not compensate automatically.

u have to check the exposure compensation value on your camera and dial it back to 0, if not all your photos will be underexposed 2/3 stops than the calculated value.

means u did not set the exposure compensation intentionally for this shot? if realli so then u have to check your settings, the exposure compensation could be changed accidentally, coz normally camera will not compensate automatically.

u have to check the exposure compensation value on your camera and dial it back to 0, if not all your photos will be underexposed 2/3 stops than the calculated value.

I agree. Sometimes we may have accidentally adjusted the compensation. I think what TS can do is to bring it back to zero and leave it there first. Use shutter speed and aperture adjustments for exposure first. That was how I started learning too.

Try PhotoShop to fix it!

Well.. Not abt the shooting technique. But i think the picture is kinda dull (underexposed i guess). Maybe the cloudy sky makes the picture looks average.

Everythings' cut off~ u cropped the tip of the roof? tip of the flag pole? the nice windows of the building? lols

Colour cast seems to be present on both sides. Too tightly cropped, maybe TS wanted to emphasize on the colour cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.