What is Wrong with mi Night Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by hong

but how come for this camera, the white dots appear @ different locations??

think we don't really know why they occur in the first place. does fcpga's links contain any useful info?

BTW, hong, even your photo have that little problem but you certainly has choosen very good spot for your photo. I like it, especially the last one with water reflection.

Originally posted by fcpga
see here,

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=canon_s30

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinions.asp?prodkey=canon_s40

it doesn't appear on every shot, but maybe 1 in 6-7. quite annoying.

Even some people in this forum and hardwarezone. Just do a search.

Don't understand why people still swear by Canon. But I will never ever buy a Canon.

cant find people complaining abt this issue in the forum leh, maybe you want to point out to me the exact url, thanks

Originally posted by Kevin
BTW, hong, even your photo have that little problem but you certainly has choosen very good spot for your photo. I like it, especially the last one with water reflection.

hehe, thanks, pic taken @ marina south park

Originally posted by mpenza

some people have very clean lens but still get the same "artefacts" though. It's a weird phenomenon. could it be reflection within the camera (between different pieces of glass or even between some internal parts)?

tru tru
I experience this when I took moon photo last time !:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Newbie0001

tru tru
I experience this when I took moon photo last time !:thumbsup:

hehe, so is it the internal lens is dirty?? if yes can go ask for exchange :)

some people in dpreview attributed that to flash, i will keep you guys posted when i got more answers

its definately NOT due to dirty lens.

on Canon S40, same problem, it appear MORE often when you use the night scene mode, but LESS not NONE with manual.

got so piss off with it, that I almost smash it.

If you don't mind, bear with it, it doesn't appear that often on MANUAL but more likely on night scene.

cant find people complaining abt this issue in the forum leh, maybe you want to point out to me the exact url, thanks

sorry, I can't really remember specifically, but do a search on Canon in both forum

Originally posted by Kevin
I C. IS that why you change your avatar back to Oly C2040.

Can I assume that you are not aware of this problem before you buy your S40? Other wise you wouldn't have bought it if you have read the discussion in forum?

too ASHAME of it. Shouldn't have gotten a CANON. I thought it good, when so many people highly recommended CANON. Think those who recommend it are just being.... CANNON

I swear its only Olympus or never. Don't ever trust any others.

i post the 2 same identical photos just now, look again, 2 pics taken @ same time but with white dots @ different locations..

I have tried as I might, to prove that its a rare occurance, and even to disillusion that its only the lens dirty, but its NOT.

some people in dpreview attributed that to flash, i will keep you guys posted when i got more answers

let me know if you have any solution for that, I am just as curious

Originally posted by fcpga

I have tried as I might, to prove that its a rare occurance, and even to disillusion that its only the lens dirty, but its NOT.

isit due to the flash, coz night scence turn on the flash, when the flash is off (taken in AP, or manual) , i dun see it

isit due to the flash, coz night scence turn on the flash, when the flash is off (taken in AP, or manual) , i dun see it

I suspect so, because, even on manual with flash on, I get that.
But when I turn off the flash, so far I didn't encounter any since.

And moreover the flash is very VERY weak, you can see a 'picture frame' where the trims are not as bright.

My greatest regret in getting a CANNON.

you might be right about using flash. according to http://www.fujifilmsupport.com/faq/tech/spot/spot.htm

Re: White Spots in Pictures Taken by Digital Camera

Floating dust particles may cause white spots appearing at different positions on pictures taken by a digital camera using the flash. Dust in front of a subject reflects the strobe light and the image of the dust is captured out of focus.

Dust, snow, rain, pollen, condensation, or any small airborne particles may cause the same problem. This problem may also influence compact film cameras. This problem will occur on most compact cameras with on-board flash systems positioned very close to the lens.

oh, so that's not the problem with the camera but the floating dust on the air :) first time hearing it, quite funny

Status
Not open for further replies.