What is this plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF-YMJ8Hbms

moves like a jet but seems to be as big as a passenger plane. Odd enough, didnt even hear a sound.

saw it last week after it performed a tight turn unfortunately by the time i took out my camcorder the manouvre was over.

Looks like a airliner to me. Where did you see it?

Looks like a airliner to me. Where did you see it?
Near Yishun Dam there. The wing shape doesnt look like they belong to a commercial jet but thats my opinion.

Last edited:
Hard to have a positive ID due to the video quality but I would concord with Spaniard that it is a twin-engine airliner, contrails indicate that the airliner is at cruising altitude.

well from the move it pulled....either the pilots are darn talented or thats one souped up plane.

probably just another US a/c. DC10 my guess

Definately a passenger liner. U din hear anything because it was probably around 30Kft or higher.. and what you saw created by the plane are contrails.. quite common for plane crusing at high altitudes where the air is cool. the hot exhaust gas churned out by the engines gets cooled by the cold surrounding air, producing cloud like streams, otherwise known as contrails.

that was what`s on the video....its whats the plane was doing before i managed to record it that i find interesting.

and a airline jet right on top of Yishun.....normal?

Twin Engine Civilian, judging from the jets it may be an older Boeing or McDonald.

Don't understand the posting, what was the plane doing other than flying in the air above Singapore? It seems to go normal in an almost straight direction? Also, why is a plane not allowed to fly above Yishun? :bsmilie:

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.