What is this part for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2008
I hate that thing. That exact part on my cheapo tripod ended up causing a circular scratch mark on my battery grip :angry:

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
for video cams..

two200

Nov 19, 2004
Eunos
galleria2200.blogspot.com
I hate that thing. That exact part on my cheapo tripod ended up causing a circular scratch mark on my battery grip :angry:
for video cams..
So that means no use one lah for dslr, right?
BTW is it suppose to fit into some hole on the video cam?

Just looked at my video cam and it appears useless for it also. I'm gonna guess it's used to give some tension to add extra tightness without over-tightening the screw when mounting the cam. Hope this makes sense.

two200

Nov 19, 2004
Eunos
galleria2200.blogspot.com
Just looked at my video cam and it appears useless for it also. I'm gonna guess it's used to give some tension to add extra tightness without over-tightening the screw when mounting the cam. Hope this makes sense.
I asked because that thing had came loose, that's why you see the scotch tape in the pic. If it is of no use, then I won't bother to change one; may just discard it :think:

Had tried attaching to the camera with/out that thing - no difference leh :dunno:

Feb 11, 2008
Remember not to screw in too tightly. The pressure from that highlighted thing can cause a circular mark which i've already encountered

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
My old SLR camera has a hole for that too. And I've seen many old betamax and VHS-era videocams that had a hole for that too. As chanxj mentioned, it's for panning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom