what is this in my photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tqviet0327

Mar 9, 2006
Dover Vista
I went to botanic garden and take quite a few photos. Most of them are fine, but there is one, see below

348806273_38498be7c7.jpg

On the top left corner of the flowere, there is some highlight. It looks like a reflection of the and I think i see myself inside too. However, there were no glass, no water, nothing reflective around and that's the only photo showing this reflection. Anyone knows what's wrong?

Thanks

below are a few others, pls give critics and comments, i'm very new in photography and need to improve a lot.

Thanks a lot

348806317_c757763713.jpg

348806200_383730c6ff.jpg

348806105_093a394a9a.jpg

348806071_b948d0ca31.jpg

are you using any filter?

reflection/refraction from rain drops on your front elements?:dunno:

in my humble opinion, it could be light coming from your viewfinder. It advisable that you close it when you shoot using a tripod as in this case.

Btw, nice pictures you have.

It is ok to post photo here to ask if there is a problem. But full photos like you do and asking for critics is better in another forum like "photos galleries forum".

For me, the problem is like water drop or condensation on UV filter.

Regards,
Arto.

It is ok to post photo here to ask if there is a problem. But full photos like you do and asking for critics is better in another forum like "photos galleries forum".

For me, the problem is like water drop or condensation on UV filter.

Regards,
Arto.

noted

If there is nothing reflective around and ther are no near alternate light sources, I would have to say that it is most probably light coming from the viewfinder. You can either cover it up with your hand (if using timer) or keep your eye in the viewfinder when you take the shot. Usually cameras come with a viewfinder cover to avoid such occurence but I never use it cause it is difficult to put in.

This photo looks quite cool.

Try to look for a more vibrant background. It actually brings out the subject than to have a dull or black background. Also, it would be good to bring it closer to your subject. Too much spaces IMHO.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.