What is the worst diarrhoea you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Sucks.... Last night 2 am started to get diarrhoea until now (5pm) still not ok. Probably went toilet like 10+ times.... See doctor also useless.... Doctor says better to let the diarrhoea takes its course so did not presscribe strong medicine just some kaomix to bind the toxins......

I am getting worried leh..... Cannot eat, drink anything also come out from the backside immediately....

Is this normal? My old doctor usually just prescribe me lomotil and the diarrhoea stop almost immediately..

Sucks man...

I kena for a week plus non stop, almost died. Few docs later still the same until one who prescribed me Lacteol Fort (or something like that which avail in pharmacies too). Next day ... all ok. Phew

try some ultra carbon pills, it may help. :)
able to get from pharmercy...
depends on how the condition, can take in any amount that you think is not enough. (from 2 to 10 tablets every meal)

Take some Fybogel drink... you need some bulk... Available at Guardian's and Watson's. Orange flavour.

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome... trust me... you won't like that.

Take some Fybogel drink... you need some bulk... Available at Guardian's and Watson's. Orange flavour.

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome... trust me... you won't like that.

eh.. diarrhoea leh, not constipation ! ;p

anyway try the 'charcoal' pills which work for me whenever i LS. stay clear from milk and fried stuffs. remember to drink lotsa water to replenish the loss of fluids. take care!

Fybogel is for diarrhoea too... I've been prescribed with Fybogel to treat my IBS condition... had it for months on end.

"Fybogel is generally used to treat symptoms of constipation, although it may be useful for diarrhoea sufferers as well as it can add bulk to the stool."

Nobody beats Lionel Ritchie. He had diarrhoea and sat in the toilet singing "All Night Long". :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Jokes aside, for me Poh Chai pills work wonder.

When I was in BMT (Nee Soon camp), at cookhouse, I saw what looked like some kind of **** (really, literally) on my rice. Told my Sgt, he just said just pick it out and throw away. I did as told.

That night supposed to have range. All suited up, draw arms already. Was almost about to step on board the tonner when I decided to pull out. Abdominal cramps, cold sweat, vomitting & diarrhoea all come in together.

Next thing I knew, spent the night at the creepy old medical centre, on drip for 8 hrs. Yup, my worst experience of anal explosion ever.

I would down a bottle of Yakult and hope it goes away. That said, there are some OTC cures from the pharmacy that you can try, e.g. Imodium.

i was overworked until i got fever, gastric pain, vomitting, diarrhoea, and muscle ache all at the same time.

Took some panadol for the fever, very sleepy but the gastric was so painful that i was rolling on the bed whole night. Tried to eat something to relieve the gastric pain, but everything that I've eaten all come out from the back. Go in and out of toilet so often that I ended up just close my eyes and stay on the toilet bowl.

Everything last for 3 days 2 nights, wonder how much weight I have lost over that period.

drink more H2O original. can tahan without food

drink water slowly in small amounts to prevent vomitting. yup , make sure you drink or dehydration kicks in and you start feeling lethargic with heart palpitations . ( you don't want a drip do you? )

Dont take oily food , spicy food and no dairy products.

If it is really bad, try lomotil. I think you can get it off Guardian if there is a pharmacist.

Dont take any milk-related stuff. Believe me. u might not live to tell about it.

hope you get well soon

Hi Wind30, i hope you get well soon.

I was warded for 3 days not too long ago for dehydration due to diarrhoea. It was so bad that i had to be put on a drip and it wasn't a pleasant experience. It got to the point where i was so dehydrated, my chest area started to hurt and i couldn't breathe. (Apparently, I was so low on fluids that my body started to cramp) It wasn't in anyway fun, not being able to breath. :sweat:

Anyhow, I do not suggest self medicating though. As well meaning as we are, i suggest we leave it to the doctor to properly administer the kind of treatment that you require.

I kena for a week plus non stop, almost died. Few docs later still the same until one who prescribed me Lacteol Fort (or something like that which avail in pharmacies too). Next day ... all ok. Phew

Make sure it isn't a different Lacteol Fart instead. Would be really smelly... ;)

Seems of late, quite a few friends have contacted stomach flu. Be careful.

thanks guys for all the advice.

I was admitted to hospital after I posted. Put on drip for one day. Discharge this afternoon.

but my diarrhoea is still here but the frequecy has dropped to like 2-3 times a day. At least better than the 14 times a day in the beginning... I was drinking a lot of 100plus on the first day as I was worried about dehydration and electrolyte levels dropping but it wasn't helping as the fluids was coming out as fast as I was putting it back....

One thing I notice is that if you are urinating then you are probably fine. If not, then better see doctor as you probably are dehydrating.

I got irritable bowel syndrome too, I think. My tummy is always acting up. That is why I went for a scope one year back but everything was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.