What is the street price for K-5 silver now

Walkaround

Jul 6, 2011
I am tired of the poor performance of my K-x in High ISO setting. An seems only K-5 fits my budget nicely. Does anyone know the recently price for K-5 silver body, since the price guider hasn't been updated for awhile.
Many thanks.

I am tired of the poor performance of my K-x in High ISO setting. An seems only K-5 fits my budget nicely. Does anyone know the recently price for K-5 silver body, since the price guider hasn't been updated for awhile.
Many thanks.

Poor performance in what way?

If it's noise, you are only going to gain about a stop or so with the K-5. AF would be better on the K-5 of course.

Latest I know is 1.8K: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/922392-Pentax-K5-is-only-1500-now!!!

ooohh? k-x is poor in high iso? :bsmilie:

Many thanks.

i think there's a need to differentiate between real technical limitations and user expectation.

one cannot reasonably expect absolutely no noise at iso 1600 and beyond.

there may be cheaper ways to deal with noise than upgrading to another camera. example:

- apply more aggressive noise reduction in the camera.
- shoot raw, do more active PP. if need be, invest in a good noise reduction software.
- downsize the pic (which is what is normally done for online sharing anyway).

just my 2 cents.

Like i've always said, a lot of people have no idea what noise actually means in high ISO settings of new age digital cameras.

Noise alone do not necessarily mean a bad thing, similarly, a smooth image at high ISO do not mean it has superb performance.

Get a flash so that dun need so high ISO setting?

an FF and fast primes will work too. post processing cannot be avoided if one insists on cheaper alternatives..

Go Full Frame !!!

At least he's complaining about the ISO perf.

I'm complaining of slow AF, want to manual focus but its too dark and VF too small :(

Besides that, K-x is rather exceptional. (Actually tried my friend's K-r, almost every single bit is solved. Pentax really know how to improve things. Hope Ricoh/Pentax will keep up the good work)