What is the Range Charge of Wedding photog Rate in Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find iamasaint, IIRC he has 2 outdoor wedding shoots over in Perth/Sydney area this year, maybe your friend can arrange and liase with him on this dates.

Thanks espn... :) I will see how's the progress like. He's
(he is in Oz studying) not confirm on it yet to do it in Oz or here. I am just checking out the rates and stuff before advice. Will contact your recommend.

i'll be going over to brisbane to visit my parents sometime this year (they live there, i moved back to sg). let me know if i can be of help. :)

Contact the ACMP, they should be able to help - www.acmp.com.au

There is also a professional body specifically for wedding photographers, but I can't remeber what they're called.

You could give Ian the Nikon forum mod a PM he's Ozzie and in the trade so he should be able to either direct u to some one or give ball park figures. But plse understand what is wanted first - documentary, traditional, PJ, or art.

There are some fantastic photographers in Australia. There's one I heard about who shoots, then gives the couple the results 6 months later. It's worth the wait, the pictures are timeless.

melnjes said:
There are some fantastic photographers in Australia. There's one I heard about who shoots, then gives the couple the results 6 months later. It's worth the wait, the pictures are timeless.

That sounds like the photographer that did my wedding. If he is the one, then I totally agree with melnjes that it is worth the wait - the results are incredible (not to mention expensive) .He has won Australia Wedding photographer of the year on a number of occassions and travels the world, particularily to the US given lectures and workshops. I don't know if he does much shooting nowa days, as he has been ill and his son is taking over (his son has his own studio, but I can't remember the name). The album that we bought from him comes in its own suitcase and weighs something like 10kgs (at the time, about 8 years ago, it cost us the same as a small Korean car)

The photogs name BTW is Martin Schembri. Check out his work (particularily the wedding stuff) at www.martinschembri.com.au

P.S. I don't normally go on about a commercial photographer like this, but in this case - the guy is bloody good.

Thanks guys for the great offers... :) They are really good stuff "cyber_monkey"... But like you've said... expansive... :sweat:

ellery, zcf and jOhO... I'll remember you guys... I believe the list will go on... I have to do some home work on this then. But no confirmations of anything yet. Anyway, keep it coming... I believe since this one is posted in this B&S thread, it'll be an advertise for you guys who take such job in Oz. ;)

student photographers were about A$100 /hour
pro were about A$200 /hour circa 2003 Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.