what is the purpose of diopter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ary46

Jul 13, 2008
What is the purpose of a diopter? and megapixels are all about how big u can print your pic izit?? so if my cam has a 10.2mp how big can i develope my pic??

What is the purpose of a diopter?

If you are wearing spectacle, diopter allows you to adjust the viewfinder so that you can view the viewfinder without having to remove your spectacles

..... and megapixels are all about how big u can print your pic izit?? so if my cam has a 10.2mp how big can i develope my pic??

For a start, using this formula, you can determine the longest side of the largest photo that be processed from a digital camera.

Longest side length in inches = 4 x Squareroot (megapixel)

For your 10.2 megapixel camera, the answer is

Longest side length = 4 x squareroot (10.2) = 12.8 inches (or approximately 12R photo)

thanx guys

If you are wearing spectacle, diopter allows you to adjust the viewfinder so that you can view the viewfinder without having to remove your spectacles

I thought the diopter means you can adjust the viewfinder to view without having to WEAR your spectacles. :sweat:

I thought the diopter means you can adjust the viewfinder to view without having to WEAR your spectacles. :sweat:
Doesnt work for me :cry:

For the lower end Nikon DSLRs that have that have it...adjustment are limited compared to the more professional bodies. I have a friend who wears pretty high degree glasses. He can't use the D70 he used to own but looking into a D2X before he said he has no problem adjusting it to see into the viewfinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.