What is the price range for wedding photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Kahuna

Dec 15, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi guys, just to get some information, what is the ball park figure for those wedding couples photograpy? I mean those normally we seen in an 8x12 album with studio cum outdoor shots? :lovegrin:

Well, I know the question is a little bit general as there are high end and low end requirement.....I am just looking for something popular, common and affordable. Thanks.

Big Kahuna said:
Hi guys, just to get some information, what is the ball park figure for those wedding couples photograpy? I mean those normally we seen in an 8x12 album with studio cum outdoor shots? :lovegrin:

Well, I know the question is a little bit general as there are high end and low end requirement.....I am just looking for something popular, common and affordable. Thanks.

affordable in what sense?

I have meet people trying the following kinds of bridal studio:-
some good at gowns, some got good studio/photographer.
1) Some only do gowns, you engage your own photographer etc.

2) Some is all in one... even offer actual day photographer.

3) Some think Singapore all too expensive, go Johor.

4) Some think Singapore too cheap... engage foreign talent to come shoot.

So at the end of the day, do some leg work and get to know the bridal studio you like.

Need recommendation. PM me your price range.

Visit bridal studio? I have been scared by those bridal fair promoter....they are so pushy....tot of seeking advice from whoever that went through the process....What are the things I should ask? Do they have hidden cost? :sweat:

Big Kahuna said:

i have seen ppl pay between $2000-$10,000, depends what we want and how many photos you take really,

on the bridal shops the average package usually ranges between $3-4k for most couples i met.

localshoot is around 1-2.5k for the basic package depending on who you get. But the top up can be like 1-2k too if you want additional photos.

Best if you can negotiate a deal which you get back the digital negatives. You should be able to do that for around 2-3k for the whole package. Then if you want more pics, just print yourself.

check out www.singaporebrides.com

think u can plan a whole wedding through that website and there is a list of very good photographers there

edit:
oops...realised i m not really answering the question

think if i am not wrong...prices ranges from S$600(mostly by bridal shops who engage malaysians to shoot, mostly on film, no or little post processing) to about $1200. the really high end ones will be like $1800(check out chris ling)

Why not PM me and we can chat it over a cuppa coffee ;)

It might be a good idea to state what is your budget and the guys here can give you an idea what you can expect within that price range. Studio wedding can be done, for as low as 1K to as high as 6K and we're talking about just the photography shoot with a basic albume, ie:about 20 pcs of 8 X 10

Big Kahuna said:
Visit bridal studio? I have been scared by those bridal fair promoter....they are so pushy....tot of seeking advice from whoever that went through the process....What are the things I should ask? Do they have hidden cost? :sweat:

I'll talk about the hidden cost part... Do note the numbers of shots that the studio will give. My experience is that those are generally not enough, especially when the photographer is good... I ended up forking out and extra $1800 for the extra photos!!:sweat: Guess that would be the cost to watchout for... :)

Belle&Sebastain said:
i think he is look for a wedding photographer, not a actual day one i think.
Yeah, I do both :bsmilie:

it is good to search around, to see which photographer or studio thats suits both your needs and budget.

must see sample from that person, or else you may end up regret.

There may be ppl offering to shoot for free juz to get samples, well, you go and figure worth it or not, cos he or she may ruin your day.

Wow....suddenly so many replies...thanks guys. :D

I think for the time being, I will just have to do some leg work first so that I have better understanding on how this things work :thumbsup:

Drop by NUG, I'll walk you through it. :)

Big Kahuna said:
Wow....suddenly so many replies...thanks guys. :D

I think for the time being, I will just have to do some leg work first so that I have better understanding on how this things work :thumbsup:

Yeah, do some research, go to more studio and see see look look, sure worth the effort. :)

Big Kahuna said:

First of all, congrats to you man. If you stay around the wild west, maybe we can a cup of coffee and chat on this topic. I can also bring along my album which was taken three years back for you to view and roughly you might have a better idea on the pricing. BTW i m not a pro, i m also like a carrot which let those bridal shop chop chop into pieces. :D

espn said:
Drop by NUG, I'll walk you through it. :)

Mai lah...I know you will bulldoze me with the....

!!!Buys Buys Buys!!!!

I need to save hard for the big day ya know....maybe got to sell either the D70 or backside :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.