What is the normal humidity reading in dry box???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ece24544

Feb 24, 2009
Hi All,

Newbie here. Need your help on what should be the humidity reading of dry box? The humidity reading of my dry box ranges from 30 to 40. Please advise if 30 to 40 is normal. Thanks in advance... :D ;)

I would recommend not to go under 40.

increase to 40-50 range

What should I do to maintain or increase to 40 to 50 range?

You probably have to observe the reading for a few days and adjust high or low humidity to find the right position for the switch.

increase to 40-50 range

how to increase the range? Just want to clarify that it's a dry box not dry cabinet. Is there any switch or something to adjust the range? Thanks.

You probably have to observe the reading for a few days and adjust high or low humidity to find the right position for the switch.

I think my dry box is not adjustable... Any idea on how to obtain a 40-50 humidity?? Thanks

Get a dry cabinet... small one will do if you don't have a lot of equipment. Save you the hassle of replacing the drying agent, and it can be turned on all the time. Also, allows you to adjust humidity... personally, I think 45% is just nice.

to up humidity, very easy

just open up the box for a while

what are you using to keep the humidity low in the box?

to up humidity, very easy

just open up the box for a while

what are you using to keep the humidity low in the box?

Probably the cause why the humidity is low because i replaced the original silica gel with the gel from dehumidifier. Just read from other forum that using dehumidifier is not advisable. Planning to buy a silica gel on monday or tueday. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.