what is the name of this part

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR THE

Jan 12, 2006
AUSTRALIA->MSIA
just want to know what is the name for "that when you see thought the viewfinder
ontop of the mirror in the body (think the one got the 5 area mark things) "

what the name , anyone know ?

& If so , how much to replace those?

TQ

Is it the pentaprism?

Something like this?
08.jpg

pentaprism

Or

focusing screen?
SCREEN4.JPG

YES THINK is focus screen the one got 5 areas in there

The section ontop of the MIRROR inside the body

yah.. focussing screen. change to what? split screen?

oh, change to a new one, .... think not cafefull enought .... scratch it
:<

Sounds like the mirror. It's pretty hard to scratch the focussing screen....

you sure it is very hard to scratch the focusing screen ?
mirror or focusing screeen got lens solution stains not sure which one
both of them I use Macro cloth to clean with Lens solution

cyber_m0nkey said:
Sounds like the mirror. It's pretty hard to scratch the focussing screen....

not that hard to scratch it if you are not careful. Te surface is not smooth. If you look at that twp pictures as inserted by catchlight, that last one which is from a F4 Nikon. the top part is smooth but to get the image to project on the screening surface on the other side of the screen, the surface is matt which means it is easier to scratch then say maybe the CCD which has a glass covering or even leave micro lints on it if you are not careful cleaning it with a cotton bud for example. It is also made of plastic and not glass. I miss my F3,F4 and F5 which is so easy to just remove the pentaprism and replace the focus screen ( or change to a difference type temporary) myself but with the D70s..etc, you have to send it in to be done which I think adds to the cost and time it takes to do it.

I remove the lens totally

jsut with the body , I saw from the viewfinder, look like stains or small scratch from left to right...... from the mirror or focusing screen.

DR THE said:
I remove the lens totally

jsut with the body , I saw from the viewfinder, look like stains or small scratch from left to right...... from the mirror or focusing screen.

hope is not scratch man, if not.... :< very big big problems
even it is scratched, will not affect images quality.

I just found out that it cannot be replace ::bheart: ,Focusing Screen & Reflex Mirror
need to change the whole body hahahaha
cost SG$1375.50 (inclusive of GST).

:dunno:

DR THE said:
I just found out that it cannot be replace ::bheart: ,Focusing Screen & Reflex Mirror
need to change the whole body hahahaha
cost SG$1375.50 (inclusive of GST).

:dunno:

Just found out that the Camera Reflex Mirror is ok
just that the Focusing Screen or so call aka fresnel screen need to be replace, not sure can order just that:sweat:

i remember seeing somewhere in CS someone who changed his DSLR (can't remember if it's a nikon) to a split screen type. you can do a search for it and contact the member.

split system type is that bettter?
then the original one?

Status
Not open for further replies.