What is the most photogenic destination you have ever been?

EmmaHKK

Mar 11, 2018
NY
For me its probably Japan but I wonder if it is just because its like far far away from home or if more people feel same about it.

Reactions: gnohz
Turkey
Alaska
Peru

Bali and Jogjakarta are pretty good considering the cheap air fare, and not too much time spent traveling between scenic sites.

Japan can be good if you hit the scenic locations (Kyoto being the more obvious touristy one; Nikko/Kamakura being more local )
Tokyo is less interesting until the night lights come up imo.

Can't discount Bangkok too.... go at the right dates and you mix cityscapes/temples/streets with car show models.

Actually, most places out of country are pretty nice.
SGP is nice too for cityscapes, just that we take it for granted.

Really hard to tell.. The rice fields of Sa Pa (VN) have their charm, Mt Bromo has its own magic and looking at new York from Empire State building during sunset is breathtaking.

Shanghai is a great place, you can see both the old and new all in one day. It's a pretty vibrant city, particularly if you like street photography.

Outside of Asia there's New Zealand which is absolutely fantastic for landscapes and astrophotography.

Is all depends on the people behind the camera...

My sifu always say this phase "Given a pretty girl and a old woman" which one will you choose to shot?

A pretty girl... just anyhow shot also pretty.,,

A old woman.. is all depend on your skill of how you portrait the image..... is not easy.

Reactions: kimilalo
Definitely Mauritius .... anyhow shoot also beautiful

Iceland is the landscape photographer's wet dream. You should go there at least once in your life.

Turkey. xinjiang. Morocco.
but really it depends what u like to shoot

Italy - food, people, the history behind everything you see that only time can craft..

First of all it is Iceland. I've been there a few times and I was very impressed. Most of all I liked the village of Vík and the surrounding landscapes. The oceand and the beach with black basalt sands are amazing in this place.

Just an example from network

Vik-Iceland-e1456751208209.jpg

I also made some similar photos and attached it on the wall of my room. I will share it as soons as possible, fortunately I have a good printer for this.

Last edited:
I have not been to many places, but Myanmar and Flores sea in Indonesia takes the cake for me.

Seville in Spain for European architecture.
Plaza de Espana, Giralda, Seville cathedral, Real Alcazar.
Plus the tapas is fantastic! And flamenco dancing.
I recommend staying at Casa de Judeiras. Nice hotel. It's actually a converted residential neighbourhood with the side alleys between the houses still intact. And one of the few places in Europe with banana trees.....

Last edited:
I kinda like New Zealand (especially the South Island)... I visited in September last year and took quite a number of landscape pictures. Kinda satisfied with them.

Got a sample below. For the rest, please visit my album on Flickr Kia Ora
24790722137_e76f7f3ed2_c.jpg

I personally think that Italy is the most photogenic place I have ever been to. The Monuments and the sceneries are very amazing. Porto Corsa was one of the amazing places you should always visit, it has the best picturesque scene.

Italy, Austria , Slovenia , bali

Attachments

• 7CC0923E-2EC1-40D2-A3A6-193481D07ACE.jpeg
    7CC0923E-2EC1-40D2-A3A6-193481D07ACE.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 39
  • 0FC767A1-1BC1-43CC-BD2F-8A680BEA88F2.jpeg
    0FC767A1-1BC1-43CC-BD2F-8A680BEA88F2.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 45
  • FB35234E-2809-4575-BEA5-0139D689D90C.jpeg
    FB35234E-2809-4575-BEA5-0139D689D90C.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 43
  • 1E9ED4D0-52AC-4B41-AD7C-FE3DD99597B0.jpeg