what is the lifespan for the DSLR CMOS n shutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicken

Jul 29, 2008
Any one cares to share? thanks

Cmos can last for quite a number of years but the shutter will depends on how often you shoot and what model you carry. 10000 clicks from entry level to 30000 and above for the pro models. this is just a rough gauge, for those who knew better figures please correct me if im wrong.

Cmos can last for quite a number of years but the shutter will depends on how often you shoot and what model you carry. 10000 clicks from entry level to 30000 and above for the pro models. this is just a rough gauge, for those who knew better figures please correct me if im wrong.

so , does it means that a more pro body will have a better shutter installed? i thought its all the same?

so , does it means that a more pro body will have a better shutter installed? i thought its all the same?

Does it make sense you pay expensive pro body with shutter same as entry level??:eek:

even if the spec says 100000000 shots, it might fail way before that. just avoid shooting burst and worry more abt your images rather than the shutter life etc. cost of replacing shutter is only $100+ and it's not that expensive.

Happy shooting!

a more pro body usually comes with a more rugged shutter mechanism..

Thanks for the info guys :)

I read the D3's shutter is made from Carbon Fibre and Kevlar or something like that for extra strength and reduced weight. But you don't really have to worry about shutter life span if you're just a casual shooter. Unless you are a pro who uses his camera almost everyday for work then you gotta worry about when the shutter might decide to pack up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.