What is the "green dot" ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meileng

Jan 18, 2004
Hi Hi !

I started to take up photography since last Dec.

I am using Canon 300D. During my recent trip to Langkawi, I tried to take the sunset. But there is a "green dot" appeared at the photo. It seemed to me like a reflections but how come it come in green colour ?
Can I know why ?? Any idea from your past experience ?

I tried taking night photography and the "green dot" appear as well.
Is there something wrong with my lenses ??

Appreciate advise.

Thanks !

Meileng said:
Hi Hi !

I am using Canon 300D. During my recent trip to Langkawi, I tried to take the sunset. But there is a "green dot" appeared at the photo. It seemed to me like a reflections but how come it come in green colour ?

Appreciate advise.

Thanks !

Without seeing the photos, I can only hazard a guess.

Is the dot at the exact same place? It's either stuck/hot/dead pixels. Post up the photos.

I think the "green dot" was due to lens flare caused by pointing the lens directly at the sun/bright light. The green colour is due to the multicoating of the lens elements. To avoid this you can use a lens hood or try to point the lens at an angle to the sun/brightlight.

FM

Meileng said:
Hi Hi !

Appreciate advise.

Thanks !

Try to take a picture of a white piece of paper and a black piece of paper, manual focus, what do you see? The green dot still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.