What is the go to brand for aircon now?

Jan 21, 2005
It used to be Daikin, is it still the case now?

I am in the market for a reliable and efficient aircon.

Would appreciate if you have any recommended vendor too.

Thanks.

Go for one with inverter, anyway most of them has it already. My SHARP is still serving me well after 5 years liao.

I'll look for those that has 4 ticks, I guess all of those would have inverter? Even if not, it's the energy efficiency that matters right?

LOL on the Jack Neo part. :D

I

LOL on the Jack Neo part. :D

haha, actually i also using Jack Neo one...coz my contractor recommended it, he said Mitsubushi aircon is easier to clean, suitable for lazy people like me...

but mine is non-inverter , i dont use it everyday..

the inverter makes more sense if you use more than 1 fan coil as a time

my mitsubishi electric is still going strong after 10 years

note: there are 2 mitsubishi aircon brands, mitsubishi electric and mitsubishi heavy industries

There doesn't seem to be too many choices. Daikin uses the old R22 coolant, panasonic doesn't do system 4, Korean brands doesn't seem to be too reputable. That pretty much leaves me with Mitsubishi.

Price wise besttech and allbest seems to be a few hundreds bucks cheaper than the rest, a search in the net came out with nothing much more than complaints. Anyone has experience with them?

How about Gain City? They cost more, but is their installation better?

mitsubishi!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i got my mitsubishi from hong tar engineering. they quote flat price (which is also cheaper than the rest) inclusive of labour etc, unlike places like gain city that advertise $2399 then when you go down you need to add $400 for labour, $300 for installation, $200 for disposal etc etc

can do a search for them, pretty good reviews so far.

When quoted, do note the materials used as they do make a difference.
Also bad workmanship will result in problems later on.

I'm using Mitsubishi Heavy Industry, I like the auto cleaning system, and 3D airflow :)

i got my mitsubishi from hong tar engineering. they quote flat price (which is also cheaper than the rest) inclusive of labour etc, unlike places like gain city that advertise $2399 then when you go down you need to add $400 for labour, $300 for installation, $200 for disposal etc etc

can do a search for them, pretty good reviews so far.

Yup, my colleague just got hong tar to fix their aircon, good service and quality.

http://www.hongtar.com.sg/

Mitsubishi.... Jack neo endorsed

kns ... we changed about 6 units in the office and home just before the car park incident :dunno:
but heng, didnt chose that MPV ... :sweat:

now every time the worker climbs up a ladder and clean the filter, everyone will stare at him with suspicious snares !

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Electric. 1st set (the very first invertor model from them) lasted 10 years (then I sold my flat, dunno new owner still using it or not), now using current generation Mitsubishi Electric.

Take note though, there is Mistubishi Electric, then there is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. They are different.

How about Gain City? They cost more, but is their installation better?

For me IT is Mitsubishi, it is energy efficient i think 4 or 5 ticks from NEA report :thumbsup:. But Gain City sucks. My Aircon conduit starts leaking after 2 years, so have to call their wonderful customer service. The usual method will be hello and they take down ur name than check if u are their customer and they will tell u that they will call u back later.

Which they will just forget about it untill very very late one or should i say just forget about it.... From morning u can wait till the sun goes down and they still will not call u back. So make sure if u call them force them to call u back. Make sure u get their mother's name, father's name and their name so that later u can call and look for them.

Anyway after they tested and wash and repair my Air-con for 2 times, it is still leaking. Wah loh so much for professionalism + customer care and service from MR GAIN CITY.....:thumbsd:

Last edited:
from my own experience with service people

every company have good and bad service people, it is up to your luck who comes to service your aircon

i have tried both gain city and cool serve, both have really hard working service staff and also lazy anyhow do staff
now if it is just general cleaning, i will DIY

from my own experience with service people

every company have good and bad service people, it is up to your luck who comes to service your aircon

i have tried both gain city and cool serve, both have really hard working service staff and also lazy anyhow do staff
now if it is just general cleaning, i will DIY

Mine cannot DIY leh, The conduit is leaking. It leak till my furniture also wet in the end have to put a small container under the leak to contain it. they open up the conduit and found a part that is not covered by the insulation. but after they repair it is still leaking.

It is not the cleaning staff that have problem. It is those OL who are taking phone call who is too lazy or maybe understaff. Out of the 10 times I call I only got one satisfactory service. Jus imagine I need to call on average 5 time for one service schedule.

No good plus, if doing repair they will only come in the evening after they have finish their day's work. On one occasion, the servicer totally never show up at all and not even a phone call to tell us. We have to call back the Customer service office to make another arrangement.