What is the Female to Male ratio for photoshooting as a serious past-time?

Female to Male ratio of photoshooting as a serious past-time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

kriegsketten

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
Notice that I mentioned SE-RI-OUS (pronounced as SER-RAI-YOUS), not just anyhow shoot and not a care about improving. Also, it doesn't mean only those who can take good pictures are eligible to vote, but anyone who has a keen passion and want to learn how to take REALLY good pictures as well.

A show of hands please?

Some how I feel that this is a predominantly male past-time, but I could be wrong. Maybe this poll will set the record straight on CS?

Last edited:
Notice that I mentioned SE-RI-OUS, not just anyhow shoot and not a care about improving. Also, it doesn't mean only those who can take good pictures are eligible to vote, but anyone who has a keen passion and want to learn how to take REALLY good pictures as well.

A show of hands please?

Who to judge whether one is serious or not, or have keen passion???? :think::think::think:

Who to judge whether one is serious or not, or have keen passion???? :think::think::think:

This is a question only the voter has to ask himself or herself. ;) Not a fashion parade or Singapore Idol, please. LOL

Last edited:
Who to judge whether one is serious or not, or have keen passion????

These are all deadly serious photographers: :bsmilie:

24383_108527062511854_100000636817728_109675_4837595_n.jpg

catflu.jpg

lake.jpg

Last edited:
Dead serious! :D And yesh, I've voted! And hey, stop the chatter, you don't think you're passionate enough? Let others decide for themselves... This is not a vote about who's the better photographer, don't get me wrong!

Last edited:
Dead serious! :D And yesh, I've voted!

WOW!!!! good for you. :thumbsup:

I can't voted, because i realise that i'm not serious and passionate enough. :)

Don't worry, there will be tonnes of self acclaimed super uber serious photographer can't wait to vote. :)

Last edited:
exact figure I dunno...but rough gauge from CS, many would know it's a guy dominated hobby coz whenever there's thread on Miss S'pore/Elsewhere etc, the thread tends to be very sticky...:bsmilie:

exact figure I dunno...but rough gauge from CS, many would know it's a guy dominated hobby coz whenever there's thread on Miss S'pore/Elsewhere etc, the thread tends to be very sticky...:bsmilie:

Then prove me correct! Vote for yourself!

Serious and passionate photographers :heart::heart::heart: Miss Singapore.

I can't voted, because i realise that i'm not serious and passionate enough. :)

Don't worry, there will be tonnes of self acclaimed super uber serious photographer can't wait to vote. :)

Seriously speaking I am serious about being a serious photographer if you can be serious about the seriousness.

Notice that I mentioned SE-RI-OUS, not just anyhow shoot and not a care about improving. Also, it doesn't mean only those who can take good pictures are eligible to vote, but anyone who has a keen passion and want to learn how to take REALLY good pictures as well.

A show of hands please?

Some how I feel that this is a predominantly male past-time, but I could be wrong. Maybe this poll will set the record straight on CS?
if ones is serious enough, he or she don't bother to tell any people about it,
don't need any explanation,
don't care how people feel about it,

they will.......just do it.

Seriously speaking I am serious about being a serious photographer if you can be serious about the seriousness.
well, I'm not serious at all, hence I read and post here to entertain myself, please forgive my candid reply, my follow serious photographer. :)

well, I'm not serious at all, hence I read and post here to entertain myself, please forgive my candid reply, my follow serious photographer. :)

Next time when i'm serious and passionate enough, i will print it on my namecard.

(SPP)Leong23
Serious & Passionate Photographer

Exactly, why so serious? If you voted, seriously, would anyone know that's your vote, are you really voicing it out to the world? Hardly...

I think you're being too hard on yourself.. if this was serious, it wouldn't be in the Kopitiam section... LOL

Last edited:
Nah, those are crap photographers only know how to chit chat and eat satay.

i agree.

they spend more time playing with cats than shooting seriously.

plus they are not wearing slippers or berms. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

i don't know, i think the only way to tell a serious photographer from a nonserious one is the pictures over time.

anyways, how do you gauge seriousness otherwise?? by saying that i go punggol very early in the morning? but if i go there and swat flies and complain that very cold, and anyhow shoot and sulk on the beach, does that mean i am serious? by saying that i bring my camera out everywhere i go and i snap whatever i see? :dunno:

to be honest, based on CS alone, i think if we are talking about SERIOUS female photographers versus SERIOUS male photographers, i think the ratio can be on par. this is based on active members. :bsmilie: