What is the Female to Male ratio for photoshooting as a serious past-time?

Female to Male ratio of photoshooting as a serious past-time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Notice that I mentioned SE-RI-OUS, not just anyhow shoot and not a care about improving. Also, it doesn't mean only those who can take good pictures are eligible to vote, but anyone who has a keen passion and want to learn how to take REALLY good pictures as well.
you see, the problem is people do not follow what they say.

for example, if i am x photographer, and i claim to be very serious, does that mean i am serious? i can claim for 8000 years, but if people make valid comments on photos, and instead of correcting it i just continue doing the same old mistakes, does that make me serious? does that mean that i care about improving? :dunno:

i dun have, but my mom & dad have... think they're more passionate ppl than me... so i take 1 from my dad so that can buy pet food at a discount.

ok, so that's 2 male passionate people (your dad, me) versus one female passionate people (your mom). right now the males are leading. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

for example, if i am x photographer, and i claim to be very serious, does that mean i am serious? i can claim for 8000 years, but if people make valid comments on photos, and instead of correcting it i just continue doing the same old mistakes, does that make me serious? does that mean that i care about improving? :dunno:

hmm... what is serious? but i do know people often tell me not to be serious cos once i'm serious, they'll get it...

so far, i still dunno what they got after i got serious...

If you claim to be serious but not really care about how to improve then, please refrain from voting (of course it can't stop you from doing so). However, if you keep committing the same mistakes (maybe because you do not know how improve even though you keep trying) but if you're serious about correcting it even if it would take you forever to do it... Then yes, do count yourself as one.

Again, this isn't about who can take really good pictures. It's really about who is serious into learning photography as a past-time, not just professionally. And certainly not whether or not you're good at your skills. You be the judge of yourself, not others...

If I can't take good pictures, but I know I want to know how to, and will keep trying at it...then I should vote myself in.

If I want to just take pictures without a care whether it's good or not, and would not listen to anyone's critiques or don't care whether I improve or not, then no... I shouldn't vote myself in. It will require you to do a bit of soul searching, nobody can vote you in but yourself.

Hope that's not too hard to understand...

Last edited:
Then prove me correct! Vote for yourself!

KK..voted! Male! I got a passion card too..but I dun reli need that to prove my seriousness in learning...I think as long as one is sincere to learn..he's serious enough...why need to debate over the word "serious"...(ok, I'm too debating nw...haha)

Last edited:
Serious Photographer ??

3202298311_29b6db77a4.jpg

For those who voted yourself in, thank you. We do not need to know who you are, so you need not announce yourself when you voted. Okay? ;)