What is the criteria for Military retirement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
What is the criteria for Military retirement? 10 years with 7 high key? Any black and white documents on that? Gan Nin Na, how come i have having recalls so often.

You'll be in Mindef reserve when you have do 7 high key and 3 low key ICT.

HTH.

Go to www.ns.sg They have all the info there. Officially it is 7 high 3 low spread over 10 work year. Work year is from April to March. If one high and one low in one work year, will consider as only one high. 2 lows in one year will consider only one low. 2 highs in one year also consider one high. Under constitution, MINDEF can recall you for maximum 40 days per work year.

Yeah. Up to 40 yo. But with a difference. If complete cycle of 10 ICT by 40 or before, u get a cert plus all the tax benefits or wadnots that the govt give to NSmen or former NSmen (e.g GST Credit extra $100). If you reach 40 and yet to complete, you will also go into MINDEF Reserve but without those benefits.

:bsmilie: guess what, i asked the exact question in hardwarezone

Ya pal you can check everything on www.ns.sg.

Hehe my boi boi have done 2 high keys and served 40 days last year. He sure was complaining like mad ;) keep saying so unfair, key appointment holder, why send him to S4 course...then battalion prop test...faint...Dont know la...he keep wanting to downgrade from Pes A (what's that?) to dont know what Pes E...say dont wanna take IPPT le...

Hehe he is happily running everyday cos he needs to go for his ICT again in Aug ;p

i just serve and serve leh, no end in sight.
I'll be going for my 2rd ICT this year in 2 week's time. Next year still got 2 more...

Or max until 40yo rite? Even if didnt do that many ICTs.

My bf says must serve at least 5 High key before 40 years old, if not will continue to serve till reach 5 high key :confused:

better to serve now when u are young than later.

My Sad Story
SAF didnt call me up until 7 years after my ORD. And I joined an Inf Bn who is on their 7th year ICT. I 30+ still have to chiong sua in Brunei with them.. peng man.. :angry:

Now that unit have gone MR, and I kena recycled into a new unit and this year will be my second ICT... last year first ICT have to dig shellscrape!

Including this year I wld have done 6 high keys. Hopefully next year will be my last... :sweat:

if you have completed 7 high keys, the unit might consider not completing the low keys and declare stand down.

yanyewkay: boss, old man like me cannot bend over liao lar... :bsmilie:

DiGdUb: I just hope they don't make me follow this new unit until it goes MR... *pray hard*

yanyewkay: boss, old man like me cannot bend over liao lar... :bsmilie:

DiGdUb: I just hope they don't make me follow this new unit until it goes MR... *pray hard*

pray lor. you not suay liao. my colleague after 13 years, got called up for reservist. he blur, anything also don't have. :sweatsm:

Yeah. Up to 40 yo. But with a difference. If complete cycle of 10 ICT by 40 or before, u get a cert plus all the tax benefits or wadnots that the govt give to NSmen or former NSmen (e.g GST Credit extra $100). If you reach 40 and yet to complete, you will also go into MINDEF Reserve but without those benefits.

Not true, i turned 40 and only did 4 high and 1 low key. 2 weeeks after my 40th birthday I received a letter discharging me. No more Reservist liao ;);)

If your unit completes cycle and you did not, and you are under 40 then the recycle you to another unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.