What is the cost of printing a photo with passport pictures on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma

Nov 22, 2003
Ithaca, NY, USA
Visit site
Price of printing a piece of photo from instant machine = 50 cents
Price that salesgirl charged me = $9

I took a picture of myself with the intention of creating passport photo. Using photoshop, I created multiple passport photos on a 4 by 6 inch photopaper and stored the jpeg file into a CF card.

I brought to a photoshop, and developed the photo using the instant kodak machine. The salesgirl charged me $9 instead of the usual 50 cents. Her reason was that i was printing passport photos, and passport photos cost $9 according to her rates regardless on whether she used her camera to make it or anot.

Anyone had similiar experiences? Do you guys think the photo shd cost 50cent or $9?

price of cutting hair yourself = free
price barber/hairdresser charge = anywhere from $8 to unlimited

if you go into barber shop and use their tools, do you think the barber will let you use it for free, or for $2? :bsmilie:

maybe 50 cents is too low, full fee of $9 a bit too much also la.

price of cutting hair yourself = free
price barber/hairdresser charge = anywhere from $8 to unlimited

if you go into barber shop and use their tools, do you think the barber will let you use it for free, or for $2? :bsmilie:

maybe 50 cents is too low, full fee of $9 a bit too much also la.

haiz.. but i also nv ask her to cut the photos. so rightfully, if you print any 4R photos that looks like a passport photo on the machine, will you be charged $9 instead of 50cents?

haiz.. but i also nv ask her to cut the photos. so rightfully, if you print any 4R photos that looks like a passport photo on the machine, will you be charged $9 instead of 50cents?

no la, but if she provide the service, then perhaps don't be so obvious..

if everybody print photos themselves, then who needs that particular service of hers?

it may seem very unreasonable, but i guess it is the shop's way of protecting themselves. maybe if you could find a shop which doesn't provide such service, but does prints too.. then no problem. or just be corny la. put the passport photo in one corner with something else in the background, then print 4. $2 still less than $9. but don't quote me if she catch you ar :bsmilie:

Price of printing a piece of photo from instant machine = 50 cents
Price that salesgirl charged me = $9

I took a picture of myself with the intention of creating passport photo. Using photoshop, I created multiple passport photos on a 4 by 6 inch photopaper and stored the jpeg file into a CF card.

I brought to a photoshop, and developed the photo using the instant kodak machine. The salesgirl charged me $9 instead of the usual 50 cents. Her reason was that i was printing passport photos, and passport photos cost $9 according to her rates regardless on whether she used her camera to make it or anot.

Anyone had similiar experiences? Do you guys think the photo shd cost 50cent or $9?

It reminded me of my recent encounter when I got my dad and daughter to take some passport photographs for the ID cards (in Europe) without checking with them how much it would cost. I ended paying S$100+ for a total of 8 passport size photographs.

Lesson learnt .... ask first. :)

want cheap passport prints? use snapfish, 10 piece 4r free when u sign up, pay $1.90 for postage

this issue has brought up here many time before,

their reasoning is you have multiple images on one photo will be charge extra, and this is how most digitlab do to normal consumers.

you can go to those recommended labs by many CSers here, if you know you are a photographer, will charge you flat rate as per the paper size.

It reminded me of my recent encounter when I got my dad and daughter to take some passport photographs for the ID cards (in Europe) without checking with them how much it would cost. I ended paying S$100+ for a total of 8 passport size photographs.

Lesson learnt .... ask first. :)
you went to a studio or a mini lab for taking passport photos?

average mini lab is charging around $12 per head, studio is minimum $25 per head, if you ask for softcopy also, may have to pay double.

Wah siao! If it was me I will just walk away, which I did to a shop that wanted to charge me that price.

The secret is those self-help machines. For my passport size photos, I print them at Best Denki, Parkway Parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.