What is the correct pool etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansel

Apr 30, 2003
Land Downunder
Visit site
Hi,

Just want to know what is the general understanding regarding showers at swimming pool.

As we know there are always showers right next to swimming pools at condominiums, country clubs, etc.

I have learned that the showers were meant for pool users to shower before they enter the pool, for hygiene reasons. But from observations, it seems most people think they are meant for them to take a shower after they have swum, and they happily jump into the pool straight out of the changing room with their dry bodies.

Is my understanding wrong? If not, why is it most people don't follow the rules?

If I am wrong, then, what a fool I had been.

yes..one should shower before entering the pool, well, as long as lifeguards etc don't care,....no one else will enforce such 'rules', it is simply disgusting to enter w/o showering...but most people do that anyway......sad but true...one should have videtaped such behaviour for the recent 'bad behaviour' of singaporeans.

The showers are meant to wash off the grime or any possible contaminants...

BUT, this has not been effectively 'taught' or educated to the masses.

Whereas, in Japan. The baths are meant for relaxing and they have to wash properly and be clean before they get into the bath. Mebbe they can use this as a form of etiquette to work by?

sometimes not easy to tell if some have really showered anot. if living in condo, residents may already have done so at home.

eh, how can video tape people showering? :bsmilie:

Well, I guess this arose due to our Kampung up-bringing where we will just jump into the pond, or the longkang, or the sea directly, usually totally naked when we were kids.;)

But now that we (as a nation) have arrived, don't you think these bad habits should change? :dunno:

if there are people who pee/fart/etc in the pool, what are these contaminants compared to sweat/grime on our body/

Hahaha.. very true. Fart ok ba cos the gas will soon escape to the surface but Pee means it stay there till the next water change. And with current water conservation policy, I dunno after how long interval they change the water.

One should always shower 1st before entering the pool. My Kids always do that. For ppl to change, it always starts from you.

For pee, there is a peeing section and non-peeing section. So, you don not need to worry.

For pee-er, go to the pee section (usually colored in a yellow). For non-pee-er, go to the non-peeing section. You have a choice.

next time all pools will have sniffer dogs on duty. additional machines to scan bladder & intestines for 'excess baggage'... :flush:

dun worry, the dogs need bath oni once a month but still smell betta than most of us folks! :bsmilie:

The Lee gahment should put a ban on all showers at swimming pools. Why wet your body when you know it will be wet when you are in the pool. For those who say it is to clean you body before jumping in. dont u know people spit, piss and masturbate in the pool? So why waste precious water by showing before swimming?

Hi,

Just want to know what is the general understanding regarding showers at swimming pool.

As we know there are always showers right next to swimming pools at condominiums, country clubs, etc.

I have learned that the showers were meant for pool users to shower before they enter the pool, for hygiene reasons. But from observations, it seems most people think they are meant for them to take a shower after they have swum, and they happily jump into the pool straight out of the changing room with their dry bodies.

Is my understanding wrong? If not, why is it most people don't follow the rules?

If I am wrong, then, what a fool I had been.

The Lee gahment should put a ban on all showers at swimming pools. Why wet your body when you know it will be wet when you are in the pool. For those who say it is to clean you body before jumping in. dont u know people spit, piss and masturbate in the pool? So why waste precious water by showing before swimming?

yah, dun stop at showing b4 entering pools, close all public pools- dun waste water. make it illegal for future abodes from having them too. water so precious & we're playing with it? i dun play with my food oso. :rolleyes:

ban, ban, rubber ban! :bsmilie: & since time is so precious as well ban all the fun, no IR liao... :bsmilie: gen gap?

Wow, let's not derail the topic on etiquette.

There is a purpose and function for public facilities. And yes, most people avoid the shower before dip because the water can be too cold from the tap sometimes. They should at least have taken a bath before setting off from home.

There are all kinds of things people can do, but if thy do not have regard for the people around, then they will bring it on themselves one day the bad they did onto others.

However, how do we prevent people with foot rot and skin diseases from entering the pool? Imagine what you have been drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.